This Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake has a gorgeous presentation, and is always a crowd-pleaser!
Non-bakers...here is your cake! You don't have to bake to serve a wonderful dessert! This Chocolate wafer icebox cake is super easy and nobody needs to know just how easy. The crisp wafer cookies are layered with sweet whip cream which in turn softens the cookies to perfection as they chill.
As with my Chocolate Cream Pie, the only difficult thing about this recipe is waiting!
These chocolate wafers are usually found in the cookie section. Or in the baking section by the graham crackers crusts at some grocery stores. You can also order them from Amazon or I have also bought them at Walmart. But if you cant find them thin Oreo cookies work too.
Smear a couple of tablespoons of whipped cream on the plate to lay the cookie roll on. It helps hold them still so you can frost the top.
I usually use sliced almonds for the topping, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
Looking for more delicious dessert recipes?
- No Bake Chocolate Mini Tarts
- No Churn Caramel Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
- Easy Rocky Road Fudge
- Homemade Chocolate Pudding
Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9 ounce package chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Sliced almonds
- Place the bowl and whisk of a stand mixer in the freezer for 10 minutes. If you are not using a stand mixer place the beaters of a hand held mixer in the freezer.
- In the chilled bowl beat the cream on high until soft peaks form. Add in the sugar and vanilla and continue mixing until stiff peaks form. DO NOT over beat
- Spread 3-4 tablespoon of whipped cream in a long strip on a platter. Spread 1 tablespoon whipped cream onto each wafer, and repeat until you have used all the cookies. Then lay the cookie roll on the strip of whipped cream on the platter. This helps so they don't slide. Frost with remaining whipped cream.
- In a small bowl add the chocolate chips and heat in the microwave on 30 second increments, stirring after each time until melted. Drizzle with chocolate and almonds, cover refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Cut into diagonal slices so you get those beautiful chocolate stripes. Serves 6
- ***Note*** 4 cups of whipped topping (such as Cool Whip) can be substituted for whipped cream if desired. No need to add the sugar and vanilla.