Have you ever had a cheese ball before? This recipe will surely knock your socks off! This bacon jalapeno cheese ball is the perfect appetizer for any gathering. Loaded with cheese, jalapenos and bacon, the jalapenos give it just a little kick.
I had never really had a cheese ball before, until I had one at a friends house and fell in love. I could seriously make a meal out of just this. I like to leave the seeds in the jalapenos for a little extra heat, but you can tone it down by removing them. Its an easy make ahead appetizer, that will definitely be a crowd pleaser. I usually serve it with crackers, but pretzels or even fresh veggies would be delicious too.
I have made this the last couple years for a Christmas appetizer, and it is always a huge hit! I think this year I will make it for Super Bowl Sunday too.
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Ranch Dip Mix
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapenos finely chopped (remove seeds for less heat)
- In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Ranch dip seasoning, jalapenos, and green onions until combined.
- Shape mixture into a ball and place on a piece of plastic wrap, and wrap around the cheese ball. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Before serving, unwrap and gently press bacon pieces into the ball.
- Serve with crackers, veggies or pretzels.