Roasted Tomato Garlic soup is easy and delicious! Comfort food at its finest!
Who doesn’t love a creamy soup? I know I do! The tomatoes, garlic and onions are roasted to perfection in order to bring all the flavors out in them. Something you can not get from a can!
This soup requires little ingredients but is packed with so much flavor. Ultimate comfort food at its best!
How to make Roasted Tomato Garlic Soup
- Roast 5 pounds of tomatoes (I use Roma) onions and lots of fresh garlic.
- Once roasted pour them into a large pot and add chicken stock, sugar and red pepper flakes. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree until smooth.
- Add in cream and more salt to taste.
- Serve and garnish with fresh basil and feta cheese
- And any leftovers freezes perfectly!
Looking for more hearty soup recipes!
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
- Thick and Creamy New England Clam Chowder
- Ribeye Steak Chili
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
I don’t think there is anything better than a warm bowl of Roasted Tomato Garlic Soup, with a gooey grilled cheese sandwich! SO GOOD!
So ditch the canned soup and make this homemade version of Roasted Tomato Garlic Soup. Make a bunch and freeze it for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 5 lbs. tomatoes, stemmed and quartered (I use Roma)
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Fresh Basil (optional)
- Feta Cheese crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Toss tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer mixture to a baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until tomatoes are very soft. Set aside.
- Heat a large pot on medium high heat and put in roasted tomatoes mixture. Stir in the broth, sugar, red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer about 10 minutes. Puree the soup, in a blender or with hand blender, until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and serve!
- Garnish with fresh basil and feta cheese
**This soup freezes beautifully
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 252 Total Fat 18g Saturated Fat 7g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 28mg Sodium 729mg Carbohydrates 20g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 5g Sugar 13g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 6g