Roasted Tomato Garlic soup is easy and delicious! Comfort food at its finest!
Who doesn’t love a creamy soup? I know I do! The tomatoes, garlic, and onions are roasted to perfection in order to bring all the flavors out in them. Something you can not get from a can!
This soup requires few ingredients but is packed with so much flavor. Ultimate comfort food at its best!
How to make Roasted Tomato Garlic Soup
- Roast 5 pounds of tomatoes (I use Roma) onions and lots of fresh garlic.
- Once roasted pour them into a large pot and add chicken stock, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree until smooth.
- Add in cream and more salt to taste.
- Serve and garnish with fresh basil and feta cheese
- And any leftovers freeze perfectly!
Looking for more hearty soup recipes!
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Bean and Bacon Soup
- Thick and Creamy New England Clam Chowder
- Ribeye Steak Chili
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
I don’t think there is anything better than a warm bowl of Roasted Tomato Garlic Soup, with a gooey grilled cheese sandwich! SO GOOD!
So ditch the canned soup and make this homemade version of Roasted Tomato Garlic Soup. Make a bunch and freeze it for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 5 lbs. tomatoes, stemmed and quartered (I use Roma)
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Fresh Basil (optional)
- Feta Cheese crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Toss tomatoes, onions, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Transfer mixture to a baking sheet and roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until tomatoes are very soft. Set aside.
- Heat a large pot on medium high heat and put in roasted tomatoes mixture. Stir in the broth, sugar, red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer about 10 minutes. Puree the soup, in a blender or with hand blender, until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and serve!
- Garnish with fresh basil and feta cheese
**This soup freezes beautifully
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 252Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 28mgSodium 729mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 5gSugar 13gProtein 6g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.