Sausage, tomato cheese omelet gives us a reason to get up in the morning.
Sausage, tomato, cheese omelet will be your new favorite breakfast. Its a classic breakfast everyone should learn how to make. This one is stuffed with sausage, fresh tomatoes and cheese. Treat yourself this weekend for breakfast or dinner with this delicious omelet, you won’t regret it.
Omelets are simple really, with so many options for dressing them up.
- Ham, cheddar
- Peppers and onions
- Feta and mushroom
- Leftover steak and veggies
I prefer my omelets to be softer without any browning. But if you prefer to have the eggs brown you just have to cook them a bit longer.
Sausage, tomato cheese omelet is a regular in my breakfast rotation, but if your looking for more breakfast ideas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup ground breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chives for garnish
- In a small bowl whisk 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon water and set aside.
- Heat a 10 inch skillet on medium high heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned about 3-5 minutes. Remove to a bowl. Drain grease.
- In the same skillet, on medium low heat add 1 tablespoon butter and melt.
- Pour in whisked eggs. Eggs should set immediately at the edges.
- After some of the egg has set lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula. And tilt the pan a little to allow the uncooked egg to come into contact with the hot pan.
- Add the cheese, sausage and tomatoes to one side of the omelet. Carefully use a spatula and flip the other side over. Reduce heat to low and cook about 1 1/2 minutes or until egg is cooked through.
You can use cream or milk instead of water for a more velvetty egg texture.
Amount Per Serving Calories 735Total Fat 61gSaturated Fat 26gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 528mgSodium 1344mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 41g