Garlic Oven Roasted Cherry tomatoes are roasted with olive oil, garlic, and Italian seasoning. These bite-sized little flavor bombs are perfect for an appetizer or the star of the meal and will be a new family favorite!
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Roasting enhances the natural sweetness and the fresh flavor of the tomatoes, so enjoy this simple recipe for creating a delightful dish! I love using summer tomatoes to make these roasted cherry tomatoes and use them on my Garlic Roasted Tomato and Spinach Flatbread or my Tomato Sausage Omelet.
Why this recipe works
The roasting process for these cherry tomatoes allows the sugars to get caramelized and have a concentrated flavor. So delicious on bruschetta or avocado toasts. They have less liquid after roasting and are a delicious way to add a burst of flavor to pasta dishes like my Tuscan Grilled Chicken Pasta, pizza, salads, and more!
Ingredients needed for roasted tomatoes
- Cherry tomatoes: any variety of fresh tomatoes work great even grape tomatoes.
- Garlic: Use fresh minced garlic cloves.
- Olive oil: I like to use extra virgin olive oil.
- Italian seasoning: You can use a mixture of dried herbs like rosemary, thyme and basil if you prefer.
- Sugar: Add a pinch of granulated sugar if your tomatoes aren't sweet summer tomatoes.
How to make oven-roasted cherry tomatoes
- Step 1: Slice the fresh cherry tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl.
- Step 2: Add olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and toss.
- Step 3: Place the tomatoes in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Step 4: Place cherry tomatoes in a preheated oven and roast cherry tomatoes.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil over a baking sheet for easy cleanup.
- Spread them out don't overcrowd the sheet pan so they can caramelize.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to weeks.
- Spread some roasted tomatoes on a toasted bruschetta topped with some Feta cheese and fresh basil.
Both are fantastic! Any variety works even plum tomatoes and I recommend using different colors for a nice presentation to use in all of your favorite recipes. Cooking time may vary slightly if they are large.
Yes, they are sweet and tangy roasted with heart-healthy extra virgin olive oil.
Let them cool and then place them in an air-tight covered container or separate them into ziplock freezer bags for smaller servings.
Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 5 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for storage
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar Optional
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl add the cherry tomatoes, garlic, Olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and sugar if you're adding it. Mix gently
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with aluminium foil or parchment paper and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tomatoes are soft and smell delicious