These tender, juicy Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs simmered in the most tantalizing sweet and spicy sauce are sure to be a big hit. They are perfect as an entree, game-day snacks, or as easy party meatballs.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Whether you need finger foods like my Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp for your next party or to whip up a quick and easy main dish, these spicy slow cooker meatballs are the perfect quick and easy solution. As the main course, they pair beautifully with my Roasted Garlic Red Mashed Potatoes and my super easy Microwave Corn on the Cob.
Why this recipe works
Slow cooker meatballs are delicious and so easy to put together, just like my Sweet N Sour Meatballs. Using just a few ingredients you'll whip together these sweet and spicy meatballs in no time. Or if you'd like to make your own meatballs from scratch you can try my Slow Cooker Honey Sriracha Meatballs.
Party foods like these are loved by all! The best part about these is they require very little effort and you'll have delicious meatballs that your party guests will go crazy for. This is a delicious appetizer you'll want to keep on hand for holiday parties.
Ingredients for this recipe
- Meatballs- You can use frozen beef, chicken, or turkey meatballs
- Hot sauce- I use Frank’s Red Hot
- Brown Sugar- helps the honey balance the hot sauce
How to make this recipe
Step 1: Put meatballs in a slow cooker. First, place your entire bag of frozen meatballs into your crockpot.
Step 2: Mix the sauce. Next, mix your hot sauce, honey, brown sugar, and mustard in a medium mixing bowl until well combined.
Step 3: Pour sauce on meatballs. Pour the sauce mixture all over the meatballs, tossing them to completely coat each one.
Step 4: Cook. Then, cook your meatballs on low heat for 2-3 hours or on high for 1 hour.
- Don’t thaw the meatballs. This recipe is for frozen meatballs. Simply place the frozen meatballs directly into the crockpot.
- Use toothpicks. If you are making these as an appetizer or party snack, be sure to put a toothpick in each one. This will make it a finger food for easy cleanup.
- Use the right size crockpot. For this recipe, you will need to use at least a 6 quart crockpot.
- Adjust the sauce. If you want more of a sweeter meatball sauce, add less hot sauce. Additionally, if you want more heat, add more hot sauce or even a pinch of red pepper flakes.
You can serve a variety of different things with meatballs. You can serve them on top of rice or pasta with other sides such as mashed potatoes or veggies.
These honey buffalo meatballs are always devoured, but if you happen to have any leftover meatballs you can easily store them in your refrigerator for 3-4 days. Allow your meatballs to cool completely, place them in an airtight container, and put them in the fridge.
Absolutely! In fact, they make great freezer meals. The best way is to let your meatballs cool completely, then plop them into a Ziploc freezer bag. You can store your meatballs in the freezer for 3-6 months.
You should be able to get 8-10 servings from this spicy crockpot meatballs recipe. If you are making this simple recipe for a party or a large family, you may want to double the recipe.
More appetizers you'll love
Slow Cooker Honey Buffalo Meatballs
- 32 oz frozen cooked meatballs
- 1/2 cup hot sauce I use Franks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1. Place frozen meatballs into the bottom of your crockpot.
- 2. In a medium bowl, mix the hot sauce, honey, brown sugar, and mustard until well combined.
- 3. Pour the hot sauce mixture over the meatballs and toss to coat.
- 4. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- 5. Garnish with parsley before serving, enjoy!