Sweet and Sour meatballs are made with frozen meatballs pineapple and peppers with a delicious homemade sauce.
Sweet and sour meatballs are a super easy recipe that’s cooked in the slow cooker and the perfect party appetizer or dinner served over rice or pasta.
Tender juicy meatballs simmered low and slow in a sweet and sour sauce. These babies will be the first thing gone!
Can I make meatballs from scratch?
Absolutely, if you have a favorite meatball recipe. Use it! You will have to brown the meatballs prior to putting them into the slow cooker.
How do I store leftover meatballs?
Let cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tips for making sweet and sour meatballs.
- Use pineapple in juice not syrup. The syrup tends to be way too sweet.
- You can absolutely use fresh sliced bell pepper and onions instead of frozen.
- Use whatever your favorite meatball is, I've used turkey and Italian meatballs and they both turned out great.
More easy appetizers you'll love!
- Pigs in a Blanket with Honey Mustard
- Pretzel Bites with Beer Cheese Sauce
- Chili Con Queso
- Cowboy Guacamole
- Chicken Club Flatbread
- Easy Cheese Balls
- Beef and Bean Taco Cups
- 1-28 ounce bag frozen meatballs
- 1 pkg frozen peppers and onions
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Scallions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Add the meatballs and peppers and onions to the slow cooker.
- Drain the juice from your can of pineapple into a medium bowl
- Add the pineapple to the slow cooker.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and cornstarch to the pineapple juice and whisk until combined.
- Pour sauce over the meatballs and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
You can use mini or regular-sized meatballs.
If your sauce is too thick just add 1/4 cup of water to thin it out a bit.
You can use about 2 cups fresh peppers and onions if preferred.
Amount Per Serving Calories 395Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 87mgSodium 1371mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 5gSugar 42gProtein 21g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.