Sweet and Sour meatballs are made with frozen meatballs pineapple and peppers with a delicious homemade sauce.
Sweet and sour meatballs are a super easy recipe that’s cooked in the slow cooker and the perfect party appetizer or dinner served over rice or pasta.
Tender juicy meatballs simmered low and slow in a sweet and sour sauce. These babies will be the first thing gone!
Can I make meatballs from scratch?
Absolutely, if you have a favorite meatball recipe. Use it! You will have to brown the meatballs prior to putting them into the slow cooker.
How do I store leftover meatballs?
Let cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tips for making sweet and sour meatballs.
- Use pineapple in juice not syrup. The syrup tends to be way too sweet.
- You can absolutely use fresh sliced bell pepper and onions instead of frozen.
- Use whatever your favorite meatball is, I've used turkey and Italian meatballs and they both turned out great.
More easy appetizers you'll love!
- Pigs in a Blanket with Honey Mustard
- Pretzel Bites with Beer Cheese Sauce
- Chili Con Queso
- Cowboy Guacamole
- Chicken Club Flatbread
- Easy Cheese Balls
- Beef and Bean Taco Cups
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1-28 ounce bag frozen meatballs
- 1 pkg frozen peppers and onions
- 20 ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Scallions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Add the meatballs and peppers and onions to the slow cooker.
- Drain the juice from your can of pineapple into a medium bowl
- Add the pineapple to the slow cooker.
- Add the vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, and cornstarch to the pineapple juice and whisk until combined.
- Pour sauce over the meatballs and stir to coat.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.