Microwave corn on the cob is a no-fuss, quick and easy method to making a great summer side dish.
Microwave corn on the cob is such an easy side dish for those grilling nights. I seriously hate shucking corn, it's such a messy tedious job that I always dread! This method takes all the fuss out.
How long to cook corn on the cob in the microwave
The cooking times in microwaves can vary. Start with recommended times and add 30-second intervals until hot.
- Microwave one ear of corn for 4 minutes.
- Two ears for 6 minutes.
- Three ears 8 minutes
- Four ears 10 minutes
Let the corn sit for 2-3 minutes after cooking. Using a kitchen towel and a sharp knife cut about 1 inch off of the end. Grab the other end with a kitchen towel (it will be hot) and push the corn right out of the husk. Butter it as you would and enjoy!
Recipes to serve with corn on the cob
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Spicy Teriyaki Grilled Steak Kebabs
- Grilled Avocado Salsa Chicken
- Jalapeno Pepper Jack Chicken Burger
- 4 ears of corn
- 4 tablespoon butter
- Sat and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Place all four ears of corn in the husks in the microwave.
- Cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Remove corn from the microwave. Use a towel and hang on the the tip of the corn. Using a sharp knife cut off the bottom (about 1 inch up)
- Gently squeeze out the corn from the husks.
- In a small bowl melt butter and parsley. Brush on top of the corn and season with salt and pepper to taste.
The cooking times in microwaves can vary. Start with recommended times and add 30 second intervals until hot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 180Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 31mgSodium 93mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.