Pigs in a Blanket is a super easy recipe and requires just a few ingredients. Bite-sized cocktail smokies wrapped in flaky dough.
Juicy little smokies wrapped in dough and baked until golden brown. Dipped in a honey mustard sauce is absolutely delicious and highly addicting. You can never go wrong with pigs in a blanket. They are always a huge hit for game day, party appetizers, or after-school snacks.
What are pigs in a blanket?
Basically, just mini hotdogs or sausages wrapped in pastry.
How do I keep them warm?
If you would like to keep them warm for serving. Put them in a crockpot heated on warm.
Tips for making Pigs in a blanket!
- You can use any type of small sausage for these.
- You can cut hotdogs into fourths.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice the crescent triangle into thirds.
- Every bagel seasoning tastes great on these, but you could use grated parmesan cheese, sesame, or poppy seeds. Or even just leave them plain.
- You can make full-size pigs in a blanket by using full-size hot dogs and full cr=escent roll triangle.
What is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
It consists of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic onion, and salt. It’s the perfect topper for these babies. You can find it at Costco, your local grocery store here, or on Amazon.
How do you reheat pigs in a blanket?
Reheat in a 350-degree oven for 5-7 minutes. Or in an air fryer preheated to 350 degrees, for 3-4 minutes.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes, fully assemble them except for the brushing of the melted butter. Place in the refrigerator right before baking brush the melted butter on top.
Check out these appetizers for your next party.
- Taco Cups
- Pretzel Bites in Beer Cheese Sauce
- Chili Con Queso
- Jalapeno Pepperjack Chicken Sliders
- Party Pinwheels
- Spicy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Pigs in a blanket with Honey Mustard
Pigs in a blanket are juicy little smokies wrapped in dough and baked until golden brown. Perfect for game day and party snacks.
- 2-14oz packages cocktail franks or "Lil Smokies" (48)
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 1 ½ tablespoon melted butter
- Everything bagel seasoning, or sesame seeds for topping
For The Honey Mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll the packages of crescent roll dough and separate them into triangles.
- Cut each triangle into thirds (I use a pizza cutter)
- Place a cocktail frank on the thickest end of the strip. Start at the end and roll up to the end. Repeat, and place on a baking sheet.
- Brush the tops with melted butter, and sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning on top.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
For the honey mustard
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until combined.
You will have some Lil Smokies leftover. I just throw them in the freezer for another recipe.
You can also use little pieces of hot dogs.
Amount Per Serving Calories 90Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 12mgSodium 200mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 2g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Leave a Reply