These Spicy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings are super easy baked in the oven until golden brown and crispy. Dipped in some dirty ranch sauce is so good, that your guests will be begging for more!
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
My family loves chicken wings! whether they're saucy, dry-rubbed, sticky, or sweet-spicy we love them all! It's amazing how you can get crispy wings without frying them. These are definitely a new family favorite in our home and one of our favorite weeknight meals, you can make them for dinner tonight! My other popular chicken wing recipes are Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings or my Oven Baked Spicy teriyaki Chicken Wings are always another game day staple in our house!
Why this recipe works
The perfect game day recipe is always a big tray of chicken wings. Right? These Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings recipe is AH-MAZING! Crispy, slightly spicy on the outside, and juicy on the inside. Baking them on a baking sheet with a cooling rack helps the air circulate all the way around and placing a piece of parchment paper on the bottom helps for easy cleanup.
- Chicken wings: You can use a mixture of both flats and drummies or the whole wing.
- Mayonnaise: Use real mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip.
- Hot sauce: Buffalo sauce will also work.
- Paprika: Smoked or regular paprika works great.
- Ranch seasoning mix: The is the powdered Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix found in the dressing section.
- Ranch dressing: You can use the Hidden Valley bottled dressing or make your own using the powder mix.
How to make Ranch Baked Chicken Wings
- Step 1: In a small bowl add the marinade ingredients and mix until combined.
- Step 2: Place the chicken wings in a large resealable plastic bag or medium bowl and add the marinade mixture and toss the wings to coat. (I always try to marinate them overnight for the best flavor)
- Step 3: Spray a wire rack with cooking spray and place on a sheet pan or cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Step 4: Place chicken wings on the cooling rack and bake. Switch to broil the last 5 minutes flipping halfway through.
- Step 5: In a small bowl whisk the ranch, hot sauce, and sugar together until combined. Serve with the wings.
Recipe tips for making baked chicken wings
- I always recommend doubling both the wings and sauce, they are always a huge hit and don't ever last long.
- You want to double-check to make sure your wings are thawed.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Cooking them on a baking sheet with a cooling rack sprayed with cooking spray helps the air circulate all the way around.
- I always try and marinate them for 24 hours for optimal flavor. But 4 hours would be the minimum time if you're in a time crunch.
The Dirty Ranch Sauce is the best dipping sauce! Either dip the wings in or slather that heavenly sauce all over them and dig in!
The cooking time can always vary. You know when the chicken is done when it is no longer pink inside. Insert a digital meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken and when it reads 164 degrees it's done.
Yes, you can put these in the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 164 degrees. You can also love my Old Bay Air Fryer Wings.
Mayonnaise helps lock in the moisture and helps them get golden brown in color.
Place leftovers in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 3-4 minutes to crisp up, or you can reheat in the microwave.
Spicy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package Ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoons salt
Dirty Ranch Sauce
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- In a small bowl add Mayo, paprika, hot sauce, ranch, granulated garlic, and salt mix until combined.
- Place chicken wings in a large ziplock bag or bowl, add the marinade mixture, and mix to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet, and spread the wings on the rack. Bake for 40 minutes then switch oven to broil, and broil for 3-5 minutes Flip the wings over and broil another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot with Dirty Ranch Sauce on the side
Dirty Ranch Sauce
- In a small bowl whisk ranch, hot sauce, and sugar until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.