This leftover turkey bacon sandwich is a huge hit! Loaded with tender turkey, crispy bacon and smothered in a delicious tangy sauce.
Who doesn't love a leftover turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving? I know I do! I could pretty much live on sandwiches though, and would never complain.
I'm a huge fan of sandwiches for lunch or dinner, and this turkey bacon sandwich is super hearty. I love using rustic white bread, but you can use whatever bread you prefer.
Don't have any leftover turkey? No worries try my easy Brined Garlic Herb Turkey Breast. I make it several times a year.
How to make a leftover turkey bacon sandwich
- Start with the bacon. You can certainly fry the bacon it in a skillet. But I find it less messy and hassle-free if you bake it in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place some parchment paper on a baking sheet and lay out strips of bacon. Bake for 15 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Remove to a paper towel to cool.
Oh boy, this sauce is amazing! We enjoy it on burgers and hotdogs too, it's a summer stable in my house. I add a little extra cayenne pepper. We like a little more kick than the recipe calls for, so feel free to add more if you want.
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Bacon Sandwich
Creamy, tangy sauce is superb on the loaded leftover turkey club.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup dill pickle finely chopped and patted dry
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 lb leftover sliced turkey
- 8 slices rustic bread lightly toasted
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, pickles, ketchup, horseradish, paprika and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Add the bacon and bake for 15-18 minutes until desired crispiness.
- Lightly toast bread and place cheese on 4 slices. Spread sauce on bread and top with turkey and 2 slices of bacon.
You can fry the bacon in a skillet to save some time.
Amount Per Serving Calories 703Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 117mgSodium 2721mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 37g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Leave a Reply