This leftover turkey bacon sandwich is a huge hit! Loaded with tender turkey, crispy bacon and smothered in a delicious tangy sauce.
Who doesn’t love a leftover turkey sandwich after Thanksgiving? I know I do! I could pretty much live on sandwiches though, and would never complain.
I’m a huge fan of sandwiches for lunch or dinner, and this turkey bacon sandwich is super hearty. I love using a rustic white bread, but you can use whatever bread you prefer.
Don’t have any left over turkey? No worries try my easy Brined Garlic Herb Turkey Breast. I make it several times a year.
How to make a leftover turkey bacon sandwich
- Start with the bacon. You can certainly fry the bacon it in a skillet. But I find it less messy and hassle free is you bake it in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place some parchment paper on a baking sheet and lay out strips of bacon. Bake for 15 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Remove to a paper towel to cool.
Oh boy, this sauce is amazing! We enjoy it on burgers and hotdogs too, its a summer stable in my house. I add a little extra cayenne pepper. We like a little more kick then the recipe calls for, so fell free to add more if you want.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup dill pickle finely chopped and patted dry
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 lb leftover sliced turkey
- 8 slices rustic bread lightly toasted
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, pickles, ketchup, horseradish, paprika and cayenne pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Add the bacon and bake for 15-18 minutes until desired crispiness.
- Lightly toast bread and place cheese on 4 slices. Spread sauce on bread and top with turkey and 2 slices of bacon.
Amount Per Serving Calories 703Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 117mgSodium 2721mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 37g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.