Breakfast burritos are a quick and easy grab and go breakfast. Make a bunch of them and throw them in the freezer for those really rushed mornings.
Breakfast is my favorite meal, we eat these burritos a lot. This recipe has bacon, sausage, tator tots and cheese with just a hint of spice with the jalapeno and freshness from the tomatoes and cilantro all wrapped in a tortilla blanket….Yummy! Give these simple savory breakfast bundles a try, your family will thank you.
- ½ bag of tater tots (about 2 cups)
- 1 lb ground pork sausage (I use hot)
- ½ lb bacon
- 8 eggs scrambled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 3 roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 6-8 (10 inch) tortillas
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Prepare tater tots according to the pkg
- Heat a skillet on medium cook bacon until desired crispiness drain and set aside, let cool and chop into bit size pieces. In the same skillet drain the bacon fat and add the sausage, peppers and onions. Breaking the meat up with a spoon, cook until done about 6-7 minutes remove from pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs and milk, season with salt and pepper. In a non stick skillet heat the butter up then add the egg mixture cook on medium low just until cooked, remove from heat. Always better to slightly under cook the eggs.
- In the middle of a flour tortilla add some cheese, then a couple tablespoons of the scrambled eggs. Followed by some bacon and some sausage, pepper, onion mixture. Add a few tater tots and some fresh tomatoes and a pinch of cilantro then tuck the sides in and roll up the tortilla. Place on platter cover with a damp paper towel and pop into the microwave for just a few seconds to melt the cheese.
- **Note** You can easily double this recipe and freeze them. Just wrap each one in some plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Then just remove the plastic wrap and wrap in a moist paper towel and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Serves 6-8