This Open-Faced Breakfast Sandwich is a fantastic combination of bacon, avocado, egg, and cheese and is just delicious! The perfect way to kick-start the day.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Satisfy your morning hunger with an open-faced breakfast sandwich - a delicious meal featuring half an English muffin loaded with savory toppings like eggs, bacon, cheese, and veggies.
There's something so comforting about a warm, hearty breakfast sandwich that can help start your day off right. Perfect for a leisurely breakfast or brunch like my Biscuits and Gravy, enjoy the flavors and textures of your favorite breakfast ingredients in every bite like my Hash Brown Cups.
Why this recipe works
A quick healthy breakfast for the kiddos before school, or even an easy weeknight dinner like my Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches. It is one of my favorite ways to start the day, I prefer scrambled eggs but you could surely fry an egg if you prefer. Whether you use a fork and knife or pick it up with your hands, either way, this savory breakfast sandwich will get you out of bed in the morning and will not disappoint!
Ingredients needed for this breakfast sandwich
- English Muffin: Any brand will work
- Cheese: I like to use Colby cheese but cheddar or pepper jack is also delicious.
- Avocado: Ripe but not bruised
- Bacon: I like to use good quality smoky bacon.
- Cilantro: You can use chives or different herbs of your choice.
How to make this open-faced egg sandwich
- Step 1: Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat ad add the diced bacon.
- Step 2: Cook until desired crispiness and remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Step 3: Hat a pan on medium-low heat and melt butter and whisked egg mixture.
- Step 4: Cook stirring continuously until done.
- Step 5: In a small bowl add the avocado.
- Step 6: Using a fork mash until the desired consistency.
- Step 7: Spread a layer of avocado on a toasted English muffin and place it on a baking sheet.
- Step 8: Add a layer of scrambled eggs.
- Step 9: Sprinkle some cheese on top and broil until the cheese melt.
- Step 10: Top with crispy bacon, diced tomatoes, and cilantro.
- If scrambled eggs aren't your favorite feel free to add a fried egg with a runny yolk or even a chopped hard boil egg.
- To toast several English muffin halves at once place them on a sheet pan and broil for 1-2 minutes or until the desired doneness.
- Add some leftover Pulled Pork or Honey Glazed Ham instead of bacon.
A form of some type of breading with one or more toppings on top.
Sure, bagels work great, or pile it all on some bread slices toasted to perfection.
A ripe avocado will have a little give when lightly pressed and be a dark green. If it looks black and mushy it is overripe.
Open-Faced Breakfast Sandwich
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pieces cooked bacon diced
- 1/2 tomato diced
- 2 avocado
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 English muffin
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro for garnish optional
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and cook bacon until crisp set aside and let drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl mash up the avocado. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- In another bowl whisk eggs and milk until combined, heat a skillet on medium-low add butter and let melt, add eggs and gently mix until scrambled about 1-2 minutes sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Split the English muffin with a fork and toast until lightly browned. Top with avocado, scrambled eggs, and add cheese.
- Place under broiler just until cheese melts about 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped bacon, tomatoes and cilantro garnish...Enjoy!