Bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit sandwich is an easy breakfast that's freezer friendly. Fluffy eggs, melty cheese, and crispy bacon stuffed into a golden-baked biscuit.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
This warm biscuit sandwich is a hearty breakfast that's quick and easy to whip up. Plus they are freezer-friendly which makes them an easy grab-and-go breakfast like my Breakfast Quesadilla. Whether you make these for your freezer or a weekend breakfast I guarantee they will make a good morning great!
why this recipe works
This bacon egg and cheese biscuit is a hearty breakfast sandwich and the perfect way to start the day! My made-from-scratch buttermilk biscuit recipe is fantastic! Soft, flaky layers of buttery goodness make a perfect breakfast sandwich. Healthier than the fast food version if you are more of an English muffin lover you'll love my Open Faced Breakfast Sandwich.
- Biscuits- My buttermilk biscuits are perfect for this recipe but pillsbury™ Grands biscuits will work in a pinch.
- Eggs- Scrambled eggs are my preferred method but a fried egg is also delicious.
- Bacon- I love a good Applewood smoked bacon, but feel free to use turkey bacon or oven Canadian bacon.
- Cheese-I prefer American cheese but pepper jack cheese or even cheddar cheese would be delicious.
- Chives- Green onions also work here.
How to make this recipe
- Step 1- Place bacon slices (I use Applewood smoked bacon) on a baking sheet, and bake for 15-18 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Step 2- Remove cooked bacon to a paper towel to drain.
- Step 3-Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium-low heat melt butter and add whisked eggs. Gently scramble, and add salt, pepper, and chives.
- Step 4- Slice biscuits in half and assemble
How to freeze these breakfast sandwiches
- Step 5- Slice the biscuit and place a layer of scrambled eggs on top.
- Step 6-Place your favorite cheese on top with the cooked bacon.
- Step 7-Add the top biscuit.
- Step 8-Wrap the biscuits in foil and place them in a ziplock freezer bag to freeze.
- If you prefer to fry your bacon up in a skillet, go for it.
- Make sure to not overcook the eggs or they may become dry.
- Change it up and add a fried egg.
- Add a slice of Jimmy Dean sausage or make my Country Breakfast Sausage use instead of bacon.
Yes, Prep the biscuits up to 2 days in advance and stop in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Prep the bacon, egg & cheese the day before. Then the next morning assemble the biscuit sandwiches and warm them in the microwave or oven.
Assemble the breakfast sandwiches
Wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper, then in aluminum foil, and place them in a large ziplock freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months
Heating instructions remove foil, wrap in a paper towel and place on a microwave-safe plate, and heat on high for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit Sandwich
- 6 biscuits
- 9 slices bacon I use Applewood smoked bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Place bacon on a baking sheet, and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels. Once cooled cut pieces in half.
- In a bowl whisk eggs until combined.
- Heat a skillet on medium-low. Add butter and melt. Then add in whisked eggs, salt, pepper, and chives. Gently scramble until done about 5-6 minutes.
- Slice biscuits in half. Add egg, cheese, and bacon, and the biscuit top.
- Warm in a 300-degree oven or microwave for 1 minute until melted.