Crunchwrap supremes are loaded with seasoned ground beef, queso, crisp veggies, crispy tostada shell in the middle, sour cream, and shredded cheese. All wrapped and pan-fried in a tortilla.
Why this recipe works
Ingredients needed for a crunch wrap supreme
- Ground beef- you can even use ground turkey or chicken.
- Queso- Or a nacho cheese sauce
- Tostada shells- You can also use tortilla chips.
- Sour cream-Simply leave this out if you don't care for it.
- Flour tortillas- You'll need both burrito-size flour tortillas and taco sizes.
How to make this recipe
- Step 1 Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and brown your ground beef, drain the fat.
- Step 2-Add in your taco seasoning and water and simmer.
- Step 3 Place a layer of queso on top of a large tortilla followed by the desired fillings.
- Step 4- Place another small tortilla on top and fold the tortilla rotating as you go.
- Step 5- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add a pinch of olive oil place folded tortilla seam side down and cook until desired crispiness, flip.
- If the flour tortillas are a little stiff throw them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften them up, a warm tortilla will fold much easier..
- You can also cut a large flour tortilla into fourths instead of using a small flour tortilla.
- Don't overfill your crunchwrap it will be difficult to fold.
- Try spreading a layer of refried beans for a twist.
Seasoned ground beef, nacho cheese sauce, crunchy tostada shell fresh veggies all wrapped in a flour tortilla and fried to perfection!
Compared to the Taco Bell version, yes, considering your making your own meat and using fresh vegetables.
I don't recommend assembling them but you can make the taco meat and have all the filling prepped and ready so all you have to do is put them together and fry them.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasonings
- 1 jar queso cheese sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 burrito size tortillas
- 6 taco sized flour tortillas
- 6 tostadas
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat, add ground beef, and cook until no longer pink. Drain the grease and add the taco seasoning, and the water it calls for on the back of the packet. Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet on medium-low, with 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place a large tortilla on a flat surface and spread 2 tablespoons of the queso cheese sauce in the center.
- Layer the remaining ingredients 1/4 cup taco meat, tostada shell, 2 tablespoons sour cream, 3 tablespoons shredded lettuce, 2 tablespoons tomatoes, 2 tablespoons shredded cheese
- Place the smaller flour tortilla on top
- Grab the large tortilla and fold over until it meats the center, rotate, and repeat until it all wrapped up into a disc.
- Lay the crunch wrap folded side down until just golden brown. Flip it and toast the other side until golden brown.
- Serve with a side of guacamole and salsa.