Caramel Skillet Apple Crisp is warm and inviting! Warm cinnamon apples smothered in caramel sauce with a crumble oat topping.
I love a warm apple dessert in the Fall. A delicious apple crisp just makes you feel all warm and cozy inside. And the smell that fills the house is just amazing!
I like to top mine with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or my Homemade Cool Whip and of course some extra caramel. Then you have the perfect Fall dessert, I mean nothing beats it!
This caramel skillet apple crisp is a simple dessert and requires a fraction of the work of apple pie, but still delivers all the delightful flavors of Fall!
How to make Caramel Skillet Apple Crisp
- In a medium bowl mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and oats. Then add in cubed cold butter and mix with your hands or use a pastry cutter until combined. Set aside
- Peel, core, and slice apples and place them into a bowl. Toss with flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt until combined.
- Rub 1 tablespoon butter over a 10-inch skillet or baking dish.
- Place sliced apples into the skillet and drizzle 1/4 cup caramel sauce over the apples.
- Add the crumb topping.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and caramel is bubbly.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and extra caramel sauce.
Looking for more delicious dessert recipes?
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
- Rich and Creamy New York Cheesecake
- Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake
Satisfy your taste buds with this tasty apple crisp. Simple perfection on a plate, I guarantee you will make it over and over!
Caramel Skillet Apple Crisp
- 2 lbs Granny Smith Apples about 4 large apples
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce plus more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Old Fashioned oats
- 6 tablespoon cold butter cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1 tablespoon butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Peel, core and slice the apples and place into a medium bowl. Toss with sugar, flour and cinnamon and pour into the skillet or baking dish. Drizzle 1/4 cup caramel over apples.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, oats and cold butter. Mix using a fork or your hands until crumbly. Spread evenly over apples.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender and caramel is bubbly.