Caramel Skillet Apple Crisp is warm and inviting! Warm cinnamon apples smothered in caramel sauce with a crumble oat topping.
I love a warm apple dessert in the Fall. A delicious apple crisp just makes you feel all warm and cozy inside. And the smell that fills the house is just amazing!
I like to top mine with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or my Homemade Cool Whip and of course some extra caramel. Then you have the perfect Fall dessert, I mean nothing beats it!
This caramel skillet apple crisp is a simple dessert and requires a fraction of the work of apple pie, but still delivers all the delightful flavors of Fall!
How to make Caramel Skillet Apple Crisp
- In a medium bowl mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and oats. Then add in cubed cold butter and mix with your hands or use a pastry cutter until combined. Set aside
- Peel, core, and slice apples and place them into a bowl. Toss with flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt until combined.
- Rub 1 tablespoon butter over a 10-inch skillet or baking dish.
- Place sliced apples into the skillet and drizzle 1/4 cup caramel sauce over the apples.
- Add the crumb topping.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and caramel is bubbly.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and extra caramel sauce.
Looking for more delicious dessert recipes?
- Classic Carrot Cake
- Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie
- Rich and Creamy New York Cheesecake
- Chocolate Wafer Icebox Cake
Satisfy your taste buds with this tasty apple crisp. Simple perfection on a plate, I guarantee you will make it over and over!
- 2 lbs Granny Smith Apples, about 4 large apples
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce plus more for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Old Fashioned oats
- 6 tablespoon cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1 tablespoon butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Peel, core and slice the apples and place into a medium bowl. Toss with sugar, flour and cinnamon and pour into the skillet or baking dish. Drizzle 1/4 cup caramel over apples.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, oats and cold butter. Mix using a fork or your hands until crumbly. Spread evenly over apples.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender and caramel is bubbly.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 668Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 53mgSodium 635mgCarbohydrates 117gFiber 14gSugar 74gProtein 6g