Cheesy creamed corn casserole is a delicious twist on a classic Southern side dish. Your Holiday table will not be complete without this easy side dish.
Cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and the bacon adds savory richness to the sweet corn. Topped with crunchy buttery crackers.
Tips for making cheesy creamed corn casserole!
- I like to use frozen corn, but if you prefer canned corn that works great too, Just make sure to drain the corn first.
- This is an easy side dish to make in advance. just prepare and refrigerate and add the crackers right before baking.
- I used cheddar cheese but you can use Monterrey jack or Pepper jack or a combination.
- You could add in a can of drained green chilis or jalapenos would also be delicious.
Can I use canned corn?
Yes, you can substitute 4 cans of corn for the frozen, canned corn is much sweeter than frozen corn though.
I don't have an oven-safe skillet!
No problem, just transfer everything to a 9x13 baking dish and bake according to the directions.
This also makes a delicious dip!
Just leave the crushed crackers off of the top and sprinkle another cup of cheese on top. Serve with your favorite crackers. SO good!
More holiday dishes you might like!
- Potatoes Au Gratin
- Chipotle Maple Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
- Make-Ahead Turkey Gravy
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce
I love a yummy casserole especially, one loaded with sweet corn, bacon, and lots of creamy cheese! Cheesy creamed corn casserole is perfect for a weeknight meal or holiday gathering with minimal work. If you love sweet and savory side dishes like we do try my Sweet Cornbread.
Cheesy Creamed Corn Casserole
- 4 pieces of thick cut bacon diced
- ½ cup onions diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups half n half
- 3 cups frozen corn or canned- drained
- 8 ounce pkg cream cheese softened and cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 roll of Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoon bacon fat and add diced onions and garlic. Saute, stirring often just until soft about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the flour and cook another minute.
- Reduce heat to low and stirring constantly add in half n half and cream cheese, let simmer until melted.
- Add in corn, cheddar cheese, and bacon (set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish) and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter with crushed ritz crackers until combined.
- Evenly spread the cracker mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges are bubbly and crackers are slightly browned.
- Garnish with bacon and fresh chopped parsley if desired.