Homemade cranberry sauce is super easy and a must have for your Holiday dinner!
Homemade cranberry sauce just takes a few ingredients and is so much better than the canned stuff you get at the store.
A Thanksgiving feast is not complete without cranberry sauce. I never loved cranberries as a kid, but be an acquired taste. This homemade version will definitely impress your guests.
How to make Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- Heat a saucepan on medium high heat. Add in the sugars, orange zest, orange juice, and water and whisk just until dissolved. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the cranberries , stir and add in the cinnamon stick.
- Simmer until the cranberries begin to pop about 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to get a smoother texture.
- Reduce heat to low and add Gran Marnier, simmer another 5 minutes to reduce the alcohol.
- Remove from heat and place sauce in a serving bowl. Chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
This is a perfect make ahead side dish for your Holiday dinner. I prep and make as many dishes as possible ahead of time. My Parmesan Roasted Broccoli and my Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon can be prepped ahead of time.
Do you like to make one of those sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving? With turkey, stuffing and cranberries…Yum! Cranberries go perfectly with turkey, like a marriage made in food heaven!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- zest from one orange
- Juice from 3 oranges, about 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/8 cup Grand Marnier
- cinnamon stick, or 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat a medium saucepan on medium high heat. Add sugar, orange zest, orange juice and water. Whisk until dissolved about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the cranberries and cinnamon stick and stir, cook until cranberries start to pop about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and stir in Grand Marnier, Simmer another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and use an immersion blender to blend the chunks out if desired.
- Remove from heat and place in a serving bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
Serving Size1 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 216 Total Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 31mg Carbohydrates 56g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 4g Sugar 47g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1g