This Sweet Honey Cornbread is moist and delicious with a perfect golden brown crust.
Fall is finally here, now bring on all the yummy comfort food! This Sweet Honey Cornbread is absolutely droolworthy, fresh out of the oven, warm with a pat of butter. Perfect addition to those warm and cozy meals that we desire in the Fall/Winter months.
I prefer my cornbread to be a little sweeter, and I love the way it cooks up in a cast iron skillet. But you could totally make this in a 8×8 baking dish but I use this cast iron skillet set a lot for baking.
I could seriously eat it anytime of year. Its super quick and easy to whip this skillet cornbread up. Everyone always loves it, and it doesn’t last long.
Even though it is a staple side dish to comfort food. My favorite is served with with some warm butter and hot cup of coffee, makes a delicious breakfast.
This skillet cornbread is a delicious side with some of my most popular recipes!
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium bowl whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl combine egg, oil, honey and milk and mix well.
- Add wet mixture to the dry and mix just until combined.
- Heat a 10 inch cast iron skilleton medium high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the tablespoon butter, coat the skillet with the melted butter. Pour the batter in the skillet
- Bake 20 minutes