Slow cooker turkey breast is moist, tender and juicy with very little effort!
It just takes a few minutes to rub the turkey breast down with the butter mixture. Throw it in the slow cooker and let it work its magic, and no oven space needed,
How many people will a 7lb turkey breast feed?
Tips for slow cooker turkey breast
- A 7-8 qt slow cooker works best.
- I highly recommend using a meat thermometer to know when the turkey is at the correct temperature.
- Once the turkey was cooked to 160 degrees I transferred it to a baking sheet and put it under the broiler to crisp up the skin. After broiling and resting the turkey will come up to the desired internal temp of 164 degrees.
- Make sure turkey is thawed and patted dry before spreading on the butter mixture.
- If the butter mixture is not sticking, you can microwave the butter for 10 seconds to help with spreading on the turkey breast.
- Tent with foil and rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
This gravy turns out delicious, the pinch of apple cider add a delicious tough. If you want a darker gravy you’ll want to add some browning sauce such as Kitchen Bouquet.
Best side dishes for slow-cooked turkey breast
- Roasted Garlic Red Mashed Potatoes
- Chipotle Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Green Beans and Bacon
- Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls
- Corn Pudding Casserole
- Maple Pecan Pie
- 7 pound bone in turkey breast (2 halves at the breast)
- 1 large onion cut into thick slices
- 5 garlic cloves whole
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Garlic Herb Butter
- 10 unsalted tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2-2/12 cups liquid from the slow cooker
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Gravy darkener if desired *see notes
- Pat turkey dry with paper towels
- In a small bowl mix the ingredients for the garlic herb butter.
- Slather about 1/3 of the butter under the skin and the rest all over the top of the turkey. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top.
- Place the sliced onions, garlic, rosemary, and thyme in the bottom of the 7 or 8 qt slow cooker. Place turkey breast on top skin side up. Cook on low 4-6 hours, check turkey temp using a meat thermometer at about 4 hours. Pull it when the internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
- Transfer turkey to a baking sheet and broil for 5-6 minutes to crisp up the skin, watch it carefully you don’t want it to burn. Remove turkey from oven and tent with aluminum foil and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Strain slow cooker juices into a bowl, discarding the onions, garlic, and herbs. You should have 2-21/2 cups of juice. (If it’s less you can top off with chicken stock needed)
- Heat a skillet or saucepan on medium heat and melt the butter, whisk in the flour and whisk for about a minute to cook the flour.
- Slowly whisk in the juices and apple cider vinegar and bring to a simmer for about 3-5 minutes until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Top off with chicken stock if you don’t have enough left over juices in the slow cooker
You can add a gravy darkener such as Kitchen Bouquet, or else the gravy will be much lighter in color.
Amount Per Serving Calories 622Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 294mgSodium 853mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 97g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.