Slow cooker turkey breast with gravy is moist, tender, and juicy with very little effort! Simple for a small Thanksgiving or weeknight meal. We may get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
This slow cooker recipe is so easy It just takes a few minutes to rub the turkey breast down with the butter mixture. Throw it in the slow cooker and let it work its magic, and no oven space is needed. The perfect holiday recipe to make for the first time and you get a nice juicy turkey breast. Delicious turkey leftovers for one of my favorite turkey sandwiches my Turkey French Dip!
Cooking a turkey in the slow cooker is a foolproof way that you going to get a flavorful turkey without all the fuss of basting every hour or so.
But if you prefer roasted turkey breast try this easy recipe for Herb Brined Turkey Breast. If you happen to have any turkey leftovers try this Turkey Shepherd's Pie the next day!
How many people will a 7lb turkey breast feed?
This turkey breast is perfect for small gatherings, it will feed about 8 healthy portions. If you happen to have leftover turkey you can always make my Mini Chicken Pot Pies or Turkey Shepherd's Pie.
Tips for slow cooker turkey breast
1. Slow cooker A 7-8 qt slow cooker works best.
2. Thawed turkey Make sure the turkey is thawed and patted dry with paper towels before spreading on the butter mixture.
3. How to tell when the turkey breast is done I highly recommend using a meat thermometer to know when the turkey is at the correct temperature. You want the internal temperature to reach 165F.
4. Crisping up the skin I highly recommend broiling it for the few minutes it takes together a nice crispy skin with a golden brown color, It adds a ton of flavor.
5. Butter to cold let the butter come to room temperature will make it easier to spread. If the butter mixture is not sticking, you can microwave the butter for 10 seconds to help with spreading on the entire turkey breast.
6. Let it rest Tent with aluminum foil and rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
This homemade gravy turns out delicious, the pinch of apple cider adds a delicious touch. If you want a darker gravy you'll want to add some browning sauce such as Kitchen Bouquet.
Best side dishes for slow-cooked turkey breast
- 7 pound bone in turkey breast (2 halves at the breast)
- 1 large onion cut into thick slices
- 5 garlic cloves whole
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Garlic Herb Butter
- 10 unsalted tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2-2/12 cups liquid from the slow cooker
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Gravy darkener if desired *see notes
- Pat turkey dry with paper towels
- In a small bowl mix the ingredients for the garlic herb butter.
- Slather about 1/3 of the butter under the skin and the rest all over the top of the turkey. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top.
- Place the sliced onions, garlic, rosemary, and thyme in the bottom of the 7 or 8 qt slow cooker. Place turkey breast on top skin side up. Cook on low 4-6 hours, check turkey temp using a meat thermometer at about 4 hours. Pull it when the internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
- Transfer turkey to a baking sheet and broil for 5-6 minutes to crisp up the skin, watch it carefully you don’t want it to burn. Remove turkey from oven and tent with aluminum foil and let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Strain slow cooker juices into a bowl, discarding the onions, garlic, and herbs. You should have 2-21/2 cups of juice. (If it’s less you can top off with chicken stock needed)
- Heat a skillet or saucepan on medium heat and melt the butter, whisk in the flour and whisk for about a minute to cook the flour.
- Slowly whisk in the juices and apple cider vinegar and bring to a simmer for about 3-5 minutes until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Top off with chicken stock if you don’t have enough leftover juices in the slow cooker
You can add a gravy darkener such as Kitchen Bouquet, or else the gravy will be much lighter in color.
Amount Per Serving Calories 378Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 167mgSodium 252mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 121g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.