Chipotle maple mashed sweet potatoes are super creamy and the perfect side dish to your Holiday menu.
Sweet potatoes are already so sweet, I prefer to add in savory ingredients to balance it out a bit. Creamy texture with a hint of heat and smokiness from the chipotle, and slight sweetness from the maple syrup. Turn all those sweet potato haters into lovers and serve this dish for your thanksgiving feast! It will be the most flavorful side dish, that everyone will love!
Can I make Chipotle Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes ahead of time?
Yes, Once you mix all the ingredients together, let cool to room temperature. Transfer potatoes into an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
Tips for making chipotle maple mashed potatoes
- Peel and chop the potatoes in 1 inch chunks.
- Place potatoes into a pot of water and bring to a boil. Let simmer until soft about 20 minutes.
- The chipotles add the perfect amount of heat and smokiness. While the maple syrup add a delicious sweetness to the potatoes.
- I use a hand mixer because I prefer it nice and creamy. But if you like your potatoes on the chunkier side then just use a fork or potato masher.
- Sweet potatoes have a silky texture and make the best mashed potatoes.
- They re-heat like a dream, which makes them the perfect dish to make ahead of time. Just place in a baking dish and bake @350 until heated through.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley on top and serve.
Other side dishes you might like:
- Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Southern Green Beans
- Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
- Bacon Jalapeno Mac N Cheese
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chilis in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (the real maple syrup)
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 1 inch chunks.
- Heat a large pot water on medium high heat. Add potatoes and bring to a low boil, simmer 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a small bowl add the heavy cream, chipotle chili, adobo and butter and place in microwave and warm 30-60 seconds just until warm.
- Drain potatoes into a colander and place back into pot or into a large bowl. Using an electric mixer on low or potato masher if you like it chunkier. Add in the milk mixture and mix until combined, followed by the maple syrup, salt and pepper.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley Serve hot.
If making this ahead of time place in baking dish and refrigerate. To bake preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes or until heated through
Amount Per Serving Calories 380 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 43mg Sodium 573mg Carbohydrates 57g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 8g Sugar 22g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 7g