Easy breakfast casserole is made with hash browns, sausage, bacon, eggs and cheese!
This casserole is packed with all the breakfast goodness you can imagine. Definitely the ultimate morning breakfast to feed a hungry family
Perfect casserole for a weekend or Holiday breakfast. Throw all your ingredients into a skillet and let the oven do the work.
Tips for making breakfast casserole:
- I use a smoky thick cut bacon for the casserole.
- I use a cast iron skillet, but any oven safe skillet or 9×13 baking dish will work.
- When you put the hash browns into the skillet it will look like a a lot, but they will shrink down a bit after baking.
- Use a combo of whatever cheeses you like. I love the flavors of pepper jack and cheddar together.
- You could substitute diced ham for the bacon or sausage.
- This can be made the night before but the hash browns wont be crispy, but still delicious.
Looking for more breakfast recipes?
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Crescent Roll Ups
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Butter
- 8 slices bacon cut into chunks
- 3/4 pound breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers
- 1 30 oz pkg frozen shredded hash browns
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/teaspoon garlic powder
- Green onions or chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat a large oven safe skillet on medium heat and add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove to a paper towel and set aside.
- Add sausage, onions and red peppers to skillet and cook until done about 8-10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons grease from skillet and add frozen hash browns, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes if desired.
- Pour the melted butter over the hash browns and bake for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs, milk and garlic powder until combined.
- Remove potatoes from oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- Add 1/2 of the cheese. Followed by the sausage, onions and peppers. then pour the egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the casserole and add the remaining cheese and sprinkle bacon and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions or chives
Amount Per Serving Calories 800 Total Fat 59g Saturated Fat 22g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 33g Cholesterol 293mg Sodium 1816mg Carbohydrates 36g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 3g Sugar 2g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 33g