Easy breakfast casserole is made with hash browns, sausage, bacon, eggs, and cheese!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
This casserole is packed with all the breakfast goodness you can imagine. Definitely, the ultimate morning breakfast to feed a hungry family you will also love my Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole or my Blueberry French Toast Casserole. If you like grab-and-go breakfasts try my Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit, it's also perfect for the freezer like my Breakfast Quesadillas.
Perfect casserole for a weekend or holiday breakfast, throw all your ingredients into a skillet and let the oven do the work.
Tips for making breakfast casserole:
1. Use thick-cut bacon for the casserole.
2. Use an oven-safe skillet I love this cast-iron skillet, but any 12-inch oven-safe skillet or 9x13 baking dish will work.
3. When you put the hash browns into the skillet it will look like a lot, but they will shrink down a bit after baking.
4. If you don't have a lot of bacon grease, you can drizzle 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the hashbrowns.
5. Use a combo of whatever cheeses you like. I love the flavors of pepper jack and cheddar together.
6. Substitute diced ham for the bacon or sausage.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Sure mix the casserole together the night before and it's ready to go in the oven in the morning.
Can I freeze this easy breakfast casserole?
Yes, it's perfect for freezing. Just prepare and bake as instructed let it cool completely place it in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat just place it on a baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Can I make my own hashbrowns?
Of course! Here is a great recipe from Simply Recipes if you want to make your own.
Looking for more breakfast recipes?
- 8 slices bacon cut into chunks
- 3/4 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers
- 1 (30 oz) pkg frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- Green onions or chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Heat a large 12-inch oven-safe skillet on medium heat and add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove to a paper towel and set aside.
- Add sausage, onions, and red peppers to the skillet and cook until done about 8-10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of grease from the skillet and add frozen hash browns, granulated garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if desired. (See note if cooking in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs, and milk, until combined.
- Add the sausage, onions, peppers, and bacon on top of the hashbrowns.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the cheese on top. Pour egg mixture all over.
- Place on the middle rack and bake for 40-45 minutes. (Just when the center is starting to set up and isn't wobbly) Remove the casserole and add the remaining cheese and return to the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions or chives.
You can use a 9x13 baking dish instead of a skillet. Spray the dish with non-stick cooking spray. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the hashbrowns (in place of the bacon grease)
Amount Per Serving Calories 800Total Fat 59gSaturated Fat 22gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 33gCholesterol 293mgSodium 1816mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 33g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.