Breakfast Quesadillas are cheesy and filled with fluffy eggs, bacon, sausage peppers, and onions between two crispy tortillas. It's an easy meal that's also freezer friendly!
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! These breakfast quesadillas can be served morning, noon, and night, breakfast for dinner is always the best, especially when it uses simple ingredients! Or you could try my Chicken Quesadillas or Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos, both also perfect for the freezer!
why this recipe works
This is a versatile breakfast or dinner that everyone will love. These easy breakfast quesadillas are packed with delicious ingredients., bacon and sausage are our usual go-to meat choices. But these quesadillas are oozing with flavor, just like my Loaded Breakfast Burritos!
Ingredients needed for breakfast quesadillas
- Eggs: Fluffy scrambled eggs are the best for this recipe.
- Bacon: I love crispy bacon, I like the regular cut.
- Bell peppers- Any combination works great
- Sausage: Sausage links or about 1/4 pound ground breakfast sausage works great.
- Cheese: Cheddar, Monterey jack, and mozzarella all work great. just try and shred it yourself the pre-shredded stuff doesn't melt as well.
- Tortillas: I like to use the fajita size flour tortillas but the burrito size will also work just put the filling on half of the tortilla and fold it over.
how to make this recipe
- Step 1: In a large skillet cook bacon until crispy, remove the cooked bacon, and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Remove most of the grease.
- Step 2: In the same skillet cook the sausage until cooked through and set aside.
- Step 3: Add in the diced onions and peppers and cook until soft.
- Step 4: Add the eggs and cream to a bowl and whisk.
- Step 5: In the same pan (or a nonstick skillet) add the butter and let it melt then add in the eggs and cook the eggs until done, remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Step 6: Heat the pan on medium heat and place a buttered tortilla into the pan and add the cheese.
- Step 7: Then place a layer of the cooked eggs, chopped bacon, sausage, and peppers on top of the cheese.
- Step 8: Butter a second tortilla and place on top, cook for a couple of minutes then carefully flip and cook until cheese is melted.
- Use a pan that is larger than your tortillas.
- Use a large spatula for easy flipping.
- Make vegetarian options by leaving out the meat altogether and adding in some black beans.
- I prefer heavy whipping cream in my eggs but whole milk will do just fine.
Yes, these breakfast quesadillas freeze great! After cooking and assembly. Place quartered quesadillas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flash freeze them for 1-2 hours. Then remove them and place them into a freezer bag.
To reheat: Place frozen quesadillas in a 350-degree oven or toaster oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
They are delicious all by themselves but with a dollop of sour cream or my Fire Roasted Salsa, Guacamole, or a side of my Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes.
Yes, you can have everything cooked and prepped in separate airtight containers. This makes assembling them super quick and easy and able to quickly whip up a breakfast quesadilla for those busy mornings.
So many ways to change these breakfast quesadillas up. Try adding in some mushrooms, and spinach, you can substitute ham or chorizo for the meat.
More breakfast recipes
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe
Breakfast Quesadillas are filled with fluffy, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage peppers, onions, and cheese, in between two crispy tortillas. It's an easy meal that's also freezer friendly!
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 8 slices thin bacon
- 6 sausage links or ¼ pound ground sausage
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pico de gallo optional
- In a bowl whisk eggs and heavy cream until mixed.
- In a large skillet cook bacon until desired crispness. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Remove fat from pan if there is a lot. Add sausage links and cook until done. Remove the paper towel to drain.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook just until soft about 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Wipe the grease out of the skillet with a paper towel.
- Heat the skillet on medium-low and add 1 tablespoon butter and melt. Add in the whisked eggs and cook stirring over medium heat until eggs are fluffy and set. Remove and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat and butter one side of the tortillas. Place one tortilla butter side down into the skillet. Leave a ½ inch border around the edge. Add ½ cup shredded cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage peppers, and onions, and a pinch more cheese if desired.
- Place the other buttered tortilla on top and cook 2-3 minutes then using a metal spatula carefully flip, and cook another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Cut into fourths using a pizza cutter or chefs knife and serve with Pica de Gallo if desired.
To freeze: After cooking and assembly. Place quartered quesadillas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flash freeze them for 1-2 hours. Then remove them and place them into a freezer bag.
To reheat: When ready to eat, warm in a toaster oven until heated through. Or microwave for 30-45 seconds.
Amount Per Serving Calories 845Total Fat 66gSaturated Fat 30gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 30gCholesterol 443mgSodium 1571mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 44g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Omg this is sooooo delicious!!!I will make this many times again!!Thats for sure ♥️♥️
I just use store bought 6 inch tortillas
How do you make the tortilla