Breakfast Quesadillas are filled with fluffy, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage peppers, onions, and cheese, in between two crispy tortillas. It’s an easy meal that’s also freezer friendly!
These breakfast quesadillas are packed with delicious ingredients. Bacon and sausage is our usual go-to meat choice. But these quesadillas are so versatile.
Some ideas of filling choices!
Tips for making breakfast quesadillas!
- I like to use good quality thin bacon.
- Sausage links or about 1/4 pound ground sausage works great.
- I prefer heavy whipping cream in my eggs but whole milk will do just fine.
- I use 6-inch flour tortillas (fajita size) But if you want to use the larger size and fold them in half that would work fine.
Can I freeze breakfast quesadillas?
Yes, these freeze great! After cooking and assembly. Place quartered quesadillas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flash freeze them for 1-2 hours. Then remove them and place them into a freezer bag.
More breakfast recipes!
- Blueberry Waffles
- Sausage, Tomato, and Cheese Omelet
- Breakfast Crescent Roll-Ups
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 8 slices thin bacon
- 6 sausage links or ¼ pound ground sausage
- ½ cup onions, diced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pico de gallo
- In a bowl whisk eggs and heavy cream until mixed.
- In a large skillet cook bacon until desired crispness. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Remove fat from pan if there is a lot. Add sausage links and cook until done. Remove the paper towel to drain.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook just until soft about 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Wipe the grease out of the skillet with a paper towel.
- Heat the skillet on medium-low and add 1 tablespoon butter and melt. Add in the whisked eggs and cook stirring over medium heat until eggs are fluffy and set. Remove and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium heat and butter one side of the tortillas. Place one tortilla butter side down into the skillet. Leave a ½ inch border around the edge. Add ½ cup shredded cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage peppers, and onions, and a pinch more cheese if desired.
- Place the other buttered tortilla on top and cook 2-3 minutes then using a metal spatula carefully flip, and cook another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Cut into fourths using a pizza cutter or chefs knife and serve with Pica de Gallo if desired.
To freeze: After cooking and assembly. Place quartered quesadillas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and flash freeze them for 1-2 hours. Then remove them and place them into a freezer bag.
To reheat: When ready to eat, warm in toaster oven until heated through. Or microwave for 30-45 seconds.
Amount Per Serving Calories 805Total Fat 65gSaturated Fat 30gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 29gCholesterol 443mgSodium 1512mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 43g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.