These pepper jack chicken taquitos are made in the slow cooker. A super cheesy, and ridiculously delicious recipe everyone will love! This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
These pepper jack chicken taquitos are great as a main dish or an appetizer. Cheesy chicken, with chipotle salsa wrapped in a crispy fried corn tortilla and dipped in some guacamole...Yes please!
This chicken filling doesn't get much easier than this. You have gotta love the set-it-and-forget-it way of cooking delicious meals, I know I do! It always pays off to make extra and freeze them for a quick and fuss-free dinner.
I love to dip these babies in sour cream, and guacamole, A little salsa is always a favorite too. I guarantee your family will love these!
So If your looking for an easy Cinco de mayo meal, you have got to try these Slow Cooker Pepper jack Chicken Taquitos.
Looking for more delicious Mexican-inspired recipes?
- Mexican Pizza
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Cajun Shrimp Avocado Tostadas
- Chipotle Lime Flank Steak Tacos
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Chicken and Pepper Jack Taquitos
These pepper jack chicken taquitos are made in the slow cooker. Super cheesy, and ridiculously delicious recipe everyone will love!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast ( or 6 chicken tenders)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup jarred salsa (I use chipotle salsa)
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- 24 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup oil
- In a slow cooker add the chicken, taco seasoning, cream cheese, and salsa. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks, add shredded cheese.
- Heat a skillet with oil on medium-high heat.
- Warm a few tortillas at a time in the microwave for 20 seconds so they don't split. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the tortillas. Roll up and set seam side down in oil. Cook until golden brown.
- Set on paper towels to drain
- Serve warm with your favorite side
**To freeze taquitos, fill and roll tortillas as directed. Then place on a baking sheet seam side down and place in freezer for a couple of hours or until frozen. Then put frozen taquitos in a ziplock freezer bag and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
**Bake in a preheated oven to 425 degrees for 18-25 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Amount Per Serving Calories 414Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 87mgSodium 480mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 24g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I always use thawed.
You can use flour tortillas.
Does it have to be corn tortillas or can you use other kinds?
Should the chicken be thawed or frozen? I’ve got all the ingredients
Yes, they can be air fried. Preheat the air fryer, spray with a little cooking spray place a few in the basket and spray the tops of the taquitos with cooking spray, and fry @350 for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown
Can you air fry these?
Also what would be the best way to air fry these?
I use a 7qt but a 6qt will also work fine.
What size crock pot did you use?
Yay Diana, So happy to hear that!
Omg these were so good my husband loved them and he really doesn’t like corn tortillas