Breakfast Sliders are the perfect handheld breakfast sandwiches made with crispy bacon, breakfast sausage, eggs, and cheese on a Hawaiian roll.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you! Read our disclosure policy here.
These pilled high Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders are a delicious and filling way to start your day. The maple syrup adds a nice touch of sweetness that pairs so well with the sweetness from the Hawaiian rolls.
If you like the combination of these kinds of breakfast flavors, you will enjoy this Easy Breakfast Casserole too!
Why this recipe works
These delicious Breakfast Sliders come together super quick- in only 30 minutes. They're easy to customize like these Breakfast Burritos so everyone around the breakfast table can add what their tastebuds enjoy.
It's an easy way to use leftover ingredients from other meals and will quickly become one of your favorite breakfast recipes like these Breakfast Quasadillas.
- Bacon: I like to use a thick-cut smoky bacon.
- Sausage: I prefer a pork breakfast sausage but turkey sausage will also work.
- Hawaiian rolls: These can be swapped for other slider rolls or leftover dinner rolls.
- Heavy cream: or milk
- American cheese slices: You can use any cheese you prefer.
- Maple syrup: Real maple syrup is best.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: optional but can be swapped for just poppy seeds if desired
How to make Breakfast Sliders
- Step 1: In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and let drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Step 2: In the same skillet, add the breakfast sausage and cook until brown. Remove and let drain on the towel lined plate.
- Step 3: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add eggs and milk. Whisk until combined.
- Step 4: Over medium-high heat in a large skillet, add butter and melt. Add the egg mixture to the melted butter and use a spatula to stir until eggs are done. Add salt and remove from heat.
- Step 5: Use a serrated knife to cut the soft Hawaiian rolls.
- Step 6: Lay the tops of the rolls next to the bottoms on a casserole dish or baking sheet.
- Step 7: Place scrambled eggs on the bottoms of the Hawaiian sliders.
- Step 8: Add cooked sausage and bacon.
- Step 9: Add slices of American cheese on top of the meat.
- Step 10: Add the tops of the rolls on top of the cheese.
- Step 11: In a small bowl, melt the rest of the butter and mix the maple syrup in until well combined.
- Step 12: Use a pastry brush to brush the syrup-butter mixture on the tops of the buns. Add on optional Everything Bagel Seasoning if using. Bake and enjoy.
- You can use loose-ground breakfast sausage or break up breakfast sausage patties.
- Since the eggs will be baking a bit more in the oven, don't overcook them in the original pan.
- If the tops of your sweet Hawaiian rolls start to brown while still baking, cover or tent with some aluminum foil.
- You can make these ahead of time by cooking and assembling through step 12, and storing them in the fridge until ready to bake, or you can bake them and then store them to reheat later.
Certainly! American cheese slices are what I chose to use, but you can use other varieties that you have on hand. Try cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, Colby Jack cheese, Provolone, etc.
A great side dish to serve with breakfast sandwiches is roasted potatoes hashbrowns or breakfast potatoes. You could also serve fresh fruit salad, and yogurt parfaits. If you have a sweet tooth, Blueberry muffins or Cinnamon Rolls are also a tasty treat.
Store leftover savory Breakfast Sliders in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven until warm
You can freeze these sliders for later. Wrap each sandwich individually with plastic wrap, place them in a freezer bag, and then freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat as necessary.
- 8 slices bacon diced
- ½ pound breakfast sausage
- 12 Hawaiian rolls
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream or milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 6-8 slices American cheese
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- Everything bagel seasoning optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Heat a large 12 inch skillet and cook the bacon until crispy and remove to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Add in the breakfast sausage and cook until browned and done remove to the plate.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs and milk and whisk until combined.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter to melt add in the whisked eggs and using a spatula stir the eggs around until done sprinkle in the salt remove from the heat.
- Slice the Hawaiian rill in half and place the bottom buns on a baking sheet or dish.
- Spread the scrambled eggs on the rolls followed by the sausage and bacon.
- Place the cheese slices on top of the meat layer. Then place the top buns on top of the cheese slices.
- In a small bowl melt 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter then mix in the maple syrup until combined.
- Brush the mixture on top of the buns, then sprinkle the Everything Bagel Seasoning on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes on until cheese is melted. Place a piece of aluminum foil over the top if they start to get to brown on top.