Homemade Shake-and-Bake Pork Chops are tender, and juicy and are a delicious quick, and easy weeknight meal. These crispy baked pork chops will be on the table in just 30 minutes.
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
These juicy pork chops require just a few simple ingredients to make your own homemade shake-and-bake and the cleanup is a breeze! These delicious pork chops are baked but if you prefer a fried pork chop try my Pork Schnitzel served with Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Broccoli.
Ingredients for Homemade Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Pork chops: 1-inch thick bone-in pork chops. I recommend the rib chop.
- Breadcrumbs: Use Italian breadcrumbs, not PANKO. Plain bread crumbs will also work just add 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- Oil: I recommend vegetable or canola oil
How to make this recipe
- Step 1: In a large ziplock plastic bag combine bread crumbs and the seasoning mix and give it a shake until combined.
- Step 2: Next add the oil to the seasoned breadcrumb mixture and mix it until combined.
- Step 3: Add a pork chop and seal the top of the bag.
- Step 4: Shake the breading mixture until the pork chop is completely coated. Repeat until all are coated.
- Step 5: Place the coated pork chops on the rack.
- Step 6: Bake until golden brown.
- I prefer to use 1-inch thick-cut bone-in pork chop, but boneless pork chops can also be used if they are thinner you'll have to reduce the cooking time.
- You can substitute Chicken breasts for pork in this recipe. You just may have to adjust the cooking time.
- Use a cooling rack placed on top of a baking sheet to prevent the coating on the pork chops from getting soggy on the bottom.
I prefer the rib chop they are the best for frying or baking. They have a good amount of fat which allows them to stay juicy and tender.
The coating on the bottom of your baked pork chops can get soggy if placed directly on the baking sheet. Placing your coated pork chops on a wire rack that's placed on a baking sheet allows the air to circulate and create that crispy coating.
The trick is cooking them at a higher temperature and on a wire rack so the hot air circulates all around them.
Do not overcook them! Pork chops are done when the internal temperature is 145 degrees, I recommend using an instant-read thermometer.
1-inch thick chops take about 25 minutes for a quick weeknight dinner, but to be accurate I recommend using a digital meat thermometer.
Easy Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4-6 1- inch thick pork chops *see notes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet.
- In a large ziplock bag or container add the breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, sugar, and cayenne pepper and mix until combined.
- Add in the oil and mix until combined.
- Place a pork chop in the bag and shake it until both sides are coated., remove and place it on the baking rack.
- Repeat until all the pork chops are coated.
- Bake the pork chops for 15 minutes, then flip the pork chops and bake for another 10-12 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.