Pork carnitas tacos are made in the slow cooker, super tender and juicy. Broiled right before serving into delicious crispy bits!
Carnitas is one of my favorite taco fillings. this slow cooker recipe is so incredibly easy. Cooking pork in a slow cooker creates melt in your mouth tender meat!
These melt in your mouth carnitas are to die for! You wont be able to get enough of them. Freezing any extra in freezer bags is a cinch!
Don’t you just love tossing a bunch of ingredients into the slow cooker, go about your day, then after several hours dinner is done! I know I do!
Next time you thinking about cooking a boring pork shoulder, turn it into an amazing dinner! Carnitas are so versatile, you can use it in tacos, burritos, enchiladas.
We love tacos in our house, here are some of our favorites!
- Tilapia Fish Tacos with Chipotle Ranch Sauce
- Chipotle Lime Flank Steak Street Tacos
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs Tacos
- Breakfast Tacos
- Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa tacos
I usually use corn tortillas, but if you prefer flour that works to.
- 3-4 pound pork butt or shoulder
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup coca cola
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce from can
- plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 white onion sliced
- 3 limes
- corn tortillas
- Cotija cheese
- red onions
- Place sliced onion and minced garlic in the bottom of a slow cooker. Place pork on top. Add in the orange juice, coke, chipotle, and seasonings. Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 8-10 hours
- Shred pork with 2 forks. Place shredded pork onto a baking sheet and pour about 1/2 cup of the juices over the top. Place under broiler 5-6 minutes, then toss and add another 1/2 cup juice and broil another 5 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas, and a squeeze of lime. Garnish with cilantro, onions and cotija cheese.
Serving Size1 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 920Total Fat 60gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 32gCholesterol 261mgSodium 1422mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 3gSugar 9gProtein 73g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.