Pork carnitas tacos are made in the slow cooker, super tender and juicy. Broiled right before serving into delicious crispy bits!
Carnitas is one of my favorite taco fillings. this slow cooker recipe is so incredibly easy. Cooking pork in a slow cooker creates melt in your mouth tender meat!
These melt in your mouth carnitas are to die for! You wont be able to get enough of them. Freezing any extra in freezer bags is a cinch!
Don't you just love tossing a bunch of ingredients into the slow cooker, go about your day, then after several hours dinner is done! I know I do!
Next time you thinking about cooking a boring pork shoulder, turn it into an amazing dinner! Carnitas are so versatile, you can use it in tacos, burritos, enchiladas.
We love tacos in our house, here are some of our favorites!
- Tilapia Fish Tacos with Chipotle Ranch Sauce
- Chipotle Lime Flank Steak Street Tacos
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs Tacos
- Breakfast Tacos
- Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa tacos
I usually use corn tortillas, but if you prefer flour that works to.
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
- 3-4 pound pork butt or shoulder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 white onion sliced
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce from can
- Plus 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cup coca cola
- 3 limes
- Corn tortillas
- Cotija cheese
- Red onions
- In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, and chili powder and mix until combined.
- Pat the pork roast dry with paper towels and sprinkle the spice mixture over the top and rub it all over the roast.
- Place sliced onion and minced garlic in the bottom of a slow cooker, then the chipotles, orange juice, and coca cola, and place the pork roast on top.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours
- Shred pork with 2 forks. Place shredded pork onto a baking sheet and pour about 1/2 cup of the juices in with the meat. Place under broiler for 5-6 minutes, then toss and add another 1/2 cup juice and broil another 5 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas, and a squeeze of lime. Garnish with cilantro, onions, and cotija cheese.