This pork schnitzel recipe comes together super fast, and really just takes a few ingredients. The breading is perfect, gets nice and crispy, but doesn’t fall off when you cut it. Your family will go nuts for these!
This is by far one of my favorite pork recipes I have ever made. Pork chops have never been my favorite to make, depending on the cut it can be really easy to dry out. But these babies cook really fast because they are so thin. I now have a great go to recipe for pork chops, I am officially a forever-fan of pork schnitzel!
This pork schnitzel s kid approved and perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. If your grocery store doesn’t have thin cut pork loin chops. Just get the regular boneless chops. Place chops between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. With meat mallet or rolling pin, pound each piece to 1/4-inch thick.
Love this pork schnitzel? Check out some of my other pork recipes
- Easy Oven BBQ Baked Ribs
- Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- Garlic Rosemary Roasted Pork Shoulder
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon Sauce
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich with Chipotle Slaw
I always use my cast iron skillet to fry my pork schnitzel, well pretty much my go to pan for everything though. I love it! Goes straight from stove top to oven if needed.
- 4-5 Boneless Pork Loin Chops thin cut
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cup Italian Style Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayanne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- Place four mixture and eggs each in bowls. in another bowl mix together panko crumbs, paprika, cayanne and salt. Dip the chops in the flour, then egg and finally panko crumbs. Making sure to coat both sides well. Place on a plate and repeat for the rest.
- Heat coconut oil in a cast iron pan or skillet to medium high heat,. Make sure the oil is ready by dropping a pinch of panko crumbs in the oil to see if it sizzles. Fry the schnitzel for about 3 minutes, flip and fry another 3 minutes. If the breading is getting to dark turn the heat down a bit.
- Serve warm with a wedge of lemon
- *If you cant get the thin cut pork chops place a piece or saran wrap over pork and pound out with a meat malet or rolling pin pound the pork to 1/4 inch thick
Amount Per Serving Calories 394Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 119mgSodium 751mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 25g