This Grilled Peach Pound Cake Parfait is absolutely fantastic. I love being able to grill fresh fruit during the summer, and peaches are one of my favorites. Fresh juicy peaches layered with a buttery pound cake topped with whipped cream, caramel, and almonds. A summer dessert you won't soon forget!
Peach season doesn't last very long, so we need to get the most out of it. Grilling peaches brings out the sweetness in them. Then they get a little charred from the sugar.
Let your grill help you make dessert this summer by enhancing the flavors of the ripe fruit in this sweet and delicious parfait. If you don't have a grill you can just use a hot skillet or griddle to caramelize the peaches.
- 4 peaches cut in half and seed removed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound cake cut into 1" slices
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds sliced
- 1-2 cups whipped cream
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Sprinkle sugar over each of the peach halves. Place peaches face down on hot grill. cook for 5-6 minutes. Flip peaches and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until peaches are soft. Remove from grill and let cool. Dice peaches and pound cake into chunks.
- To assemble the parfaits pour some of the caramel in the bottom of the dessert dish. Layer pound cake, then some whipped cream followed by peaches and more whipped cream and top with chopped almonds.