Herb-crusted pork loin is easy enough for a weeknight meal or fancy enough for holiday gatherings.
This pork is deliciously moist and tender, the perfect main dish to serve to a hungry family!
What is the difference between pork tenderloin and pork loin?
Pork tenderloin is thin and usually 1-2 pounds, and one of the most tender cuts of pork you can buy.
Pork loin can be anywhere from 3-5 pounds and usually has a layer of fat the runs over one side.
What's a safe temperature to cook pork too?
Cook pork roasts to an internal temp of 145 degrees. Always use a meat thermometer to check before removing the meat from the heat source.
Tips for making herb-crusted pork loin.
- Place pork loin fat side up on in a roasting pan with a rack.
- If it's getting too brown on top or you feel the garlic is starting to burn. Just lay a piece of aluminum foil loosely on top.
- Always allow the pork to rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Use a meat thermometer to achieve the perfect temperature.
- Throw some seasoned potatoes tossed in olive oil in the roasting pan, to cook alongside the pork loin. Or my Honey Garlic Roasted Potatoes.
What to serve with pork loin?
- Roasted Garlic Red Mashed Potatoes.
- Corn Pudding Casserole
- Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Honey Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Herb Crusted Pork Loin
Herb crusted pork loin is easy enough for a weeknight meal or fancy enough for holiday gatherings.
- 1-(4pound) boneless pork loin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- Add more salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl add the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and red pepper flakes and mix until combined.
- Rub the mixture all over the roast even underneath. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Place the roasting pan in the center of the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 375 and roast for an additional 1 hour. Or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Remove pork loin and transfer to a platter. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Place roasting pan on the stovetop and add the wine or chicken stock and whisk to loosen any brown bits of flavor. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Slice the pork and serve with pan juices.
You can substitute the fresh herbs for dried but use about 3/4 teaspoon of dried. Dried herbs are a lot more concentrated than fresh herbs.
If you get a larger roast the cooking time will be extended.
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 12mgSodium 1220mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
So happy to hear that Doug 🙂
Made the Herb crusted pork tenderloin. Delicious. Our roast was only 1 1/2 lbs so it was cooked very quickly but delicious.