Corn pudding is creamy, and filled with two kinds of corn, butter, sour cream, and cheese. A perfect side dish for your favorite weeknight meal or Holiday dinner.
Corn pudding casserole is so easy, it only takes a few minutes to prepare everything for the oven. A savory side dish with so much flavor, that both adults and kids will love. I add a few jalapenos for a little kick but feel free to leave those out.
Let's take a quick look at the ingredients
• Jiffy cornbread mix
• Canned corn
• Creamed corn
• Granulated garlic
• Sour Cream
• Green Onions
How to make corn pudding Casserole
Step one- Add all the ingredients except the sour cream, jalapenos, onions, and cheese in a medium bowl and whisk together.
Step two- Fold in the sour cream, jalapenos, onions, and cheese until combined.
Step three-Place mixture in a baking dish.
Step four- Bake
What is corn pudding casserole?
Corn casserole is made of jiffy cornbread mix, corn, sour cream eggs, and cheese. It's like a rich and creamy cornbread and is a delicious comforting side dish. You should also check out my Sweet Cornbread that also gets rav reviews.
Can I make corn pudding casserole ahead of time?
This casserole can be prepared the night or day before, cover, and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Can you freeze this casserole?
Yes, you can! Let it cool completely after baking. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap followed by foil and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight, remove wrapping, and heat in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- 1 (8.5oz) box cornbread mix (I use Jiffy)
- 1 (14oz) can corn (drained)
- 1 (14oz) can creamed corn
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno diced (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I use a mixture of pepper jack and cheddar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the muffin mix, corn, creamed corn, eggs, butter, salt, granulated garlic, sugar and whisk until combined.
- Fold in sour cream, 1 cup of the cheese, jalapenos, and green onions (if you're adding them), and mix just until combined.
- Pour into a prepared baking dish, and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the center is set.
- Serve warm
Amount Per Serving Calories 184Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 77mgSodium 354mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.