Lemon blueberry scones are loaded with fresh blueberries with a delicious lemon glaze drizzled over the top.
These blueberry scones are just the thing to serve for a weekend breakfast, brunch or special occasion. Moist and buttery and sure to have you craving for more!
I’ve never been a huge lover of scones. They always seemed to be dry and never had much flavor. But these scones are moist and tender and bursting with juicy blueberries and a sweet and tangy lemon glaze!
Tips for making Lemon Blueberry Scones
- You want to make sure your butter and cream are very cold. I usually keep them in the refrigerator just until ready to use.
- Use a fork, pastry cutter or even your hands to mix the cold butter into the flour mixture.
- Fresh blueberries are best. But you can use frozen just don’t defrost them first.
- Brush the scones with cold heavy cream prior to baking. It keeps them moist and gives them a light golden brown.
- Allow the scones to cool a bit before drizzling the lemon glaze over the top.
Scones are best served the same day. You can store any left overs in a seal tight container, and warm them up for 15-20 seconds before serving.
Tools I used to make these scones
- Lemon squeezer
- Lemon zester
- Cooling rack
- Baking sheet
- Baking mat/parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Pastry cutter
More breakfast recipes:
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Banana Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread
- Buttermilk Blueberry Waffles
- Slow cooker French Toast Casserole
- Starbucks Banana Bread
- Sausage Egg Cheese Crescent Roll Ups
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Butter
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter and cut into small cubes
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup heavy cream +2 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
For the glaze
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a baking pad or parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in cold butter cubes and using a fork, or pastry cutter work the flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries and lemon zest and set aside.
- In a small bowl add 3/4 cup heavy cream, lemon juice, egg and vanilla whisk until combined.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and using a spoon mix just until combined.
- Sprinkle some flour on a surface and lay out dough. Gently form into an 8 inch disk. Using a sharp knife cut the disk into 6 wedges. Place on baking sheet.
- Brush the top with the 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Bake 18-20 minutes
- Remove from oven and drizzle with lemon glaze
For the glaze
- In a small bowl add the sugar, lemon juice and whisk.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 527Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 95mgSodium 454mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 2gSugar 39gProtein 7g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.