Lemon blueberry scones are loaded with fresh blueberries with a delicious lemon glaze drizzled over the top.
These blueberry scones are just the thing to serve for a weekend breakfast, brunch or special occasion. Moist and buttery and sure to have you craving for more!
I’ve never been a huge lover of scones. They always seemed to be dry and never had much flavor. But these scones are moist and tender and bursting with juicy blueberries and a sweet and tangy lemon glaze!
Tips for making Lemon Blueberry Scones
- You want to make sure your butter and cream are very cold. I usually keep them in the refrigerator just until ready to use.
- Use a fork, pastry cutter or even your hands to mix the cold butter into the flour mixture.
- Fresh blueberries are best. But you can use frozen just don’t defrost them first.
- Brush the scones with cold heavy cream prior to baking. It keeps them moist and gives them a light golden brown.
- Allow the scones to cool a bit before drizzling the lemon glaze over the top.
Scones are best served the same day. You can store any left overs in a seal tight container, and warm them up for 15-20 seconds before serving.
Tools I used to make these scones
- Lemon squeezer
- Lemon zester
- Cooling rack
- Baking sheet
- Baking mat/parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Pastry cutter
More breakfast recipes:
- Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
- Banana Blueberry Cream Cheese Bread
- Buttermilk Blueberry Waffles
- Slow cooker French Toast Casserole
- Starbucks Banana Bread
- Sausage Egg Cheese Crescent Roll Ups
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Butter
- Loaded Breakfast Burrito
For the glaze
For the glaze