This lemon garlic shrimp pasta is a bright and flavorful dish that is quick and easy to throw together in 30 minutes. Lemon, garlic and butter are three flavors that blend so well. Pair it with a good bottle of wine, and a crisp salad great for entertaining or a light meal. I used thin spaghetti for this recipe because that is what I had on hand, but your free to use any type of pasta that you like.
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 pound large shrimp. peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan
- In a large pot bring salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook according to the directions on package.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add shrimp sprinkle salt and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes remove into a small bowl and set aside
- Add remaining butter to skillet melt over medium heat add garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add lemon juice whisk together.
- Add cooked pasta and add the shrimp toss together. Sprinkle Parmesan and parsley on top.