This Tequila Lime Chicken Burrito Bowl is a delicious, healthy meal you will enjoy!
These Tequila Lime Chicken Burrito Bowls are simple and delicious…or simply delicious! They are loaded with tender chicken, beans, corn, peppers and cheese. It’s easy, healthy and makes a gorgeous meal that everyone will love.
This tequila lime chicken is so AH-Mazing! I prefer to use boneless skinless chicken thighs but breasts work just as well. I make it for tacos, burgers, salads and these delicious burrito bowls…SO GOOD! If I crave these burrito bowls during the rainy season I usually use my indoor grill, it works like a charm.
This Cilantro Lime Garlic Rice is the perfect base to these burrito bowls or a side dish to many Mexican meals.
Chipotle was the first time I ever had a burrito bowl and of course I just fell in love with it. Making them at home is so easy, chicken is my favorite protein for these then all the yummy veggies.
Enjoy it with crunchy tortilla chips, scoop some into a warm tortilla, or just make a layered bowl and grab a fork. Whether it be winter, spring, summer or fall these will hit the spot and make a fantastic weeknight meal.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 1 can black beans drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1-2 avocados diced
- 2 jalapenos sliced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Cilantro Lime Garlic Rice
- Tortilla chips or flour tortillas
- 1 red sweet peppers
- Sour cream and salsa for garnish
- Whisk together tequila, lime juice, chipotle pepper, garlic, salt and cilantro
- Pour marinade into large plastic storage bag then add chicken, store in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight for best flavor.
- On a hot grill cook chicken about 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through and juices run clear. Then remove from grill, rest for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is resting add peppers to the grill and roast a couple minutes on each side until softened.
- Assemble burrito bowls
Amount Per Serving Calories 1022Total Fat 50gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 28gCholesterol 263mgSodium 1752mgCarbohydrates 73gFiber 18gSugar 7gProtein 68g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.