This Tequila Lime Chicken Burrito Bowl is a delicious, healthy meal you will enjoy!
These Tequila Lime Chicken Burrito Bowls are simple and delicious! They are loaded with tender chicken, cilantro-lime rice, beans, corn, peppers, and cheese. It's loaded with tons of fresh ingredients and makes a gorgeous meal that everyone will love.
This tequila lime chicken is so AH-Mazing! I prefer to use boneless skinless chicken thighs but breasts work just as well. I recommend marinating it for at least 4 hours but overnight for optimal flavor.
Enjoy it with crunchy tortilla chips, scoop some into a warm tortilla, or just make a layered bowl and grab a fork. Whether it be winter, spring, summer, or fall these will hit the spot and make a fantastic weeknight meal.
Tequila Lime Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 can black beans drained
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1-2 avocados diced
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Cilantro Lime Garlic Rice
- Tortilla chips or flour tortillas
- Sour cream and salsa for garnish
- Whisk together tequila, lime juice, chipotle pepper, garlic, salt, and cilantro
- Pour marinade into a large bowl, then add chicken, store in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or overnight for best flavor.
- On a hot grill cook chicken, about 6-8 minutes on each side or until internal temp reaches 154 degrees and juices run clear. Then remove from grill, rest for 10 minutes. Slice. Add more salt and lime juice to taste if needed.
- While the chicken is resting add peppers to the grill and roast a couple of minutes on each side until softened. Slice.
- Assemble burrito bowls
- Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa if desired. Enjoy!