These Teriyaki Chicken Wings have just the right amount of tangy flavor, with a touch of heat.
I love chicken wings any time of the year. These Oven Baked Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings are one of my family’s absolute favorite meals. I always have to make a double batch, because they are devoured in a matter of minutes.
I was never a big wing eater growing up, but here in California wings are huge. Wing restaurants are everywhere, and they serve every kind you could imagine. I mean its one of the best finger foods around, great for game day or party appetizers.
Teriyaki sauce is really easy to make at home, it takes just a few pantry ingredients. There will likely be some of the teriyaki sauce leftover from the glazing, which you can use as an extra dipping sauce on the side when serving.
Looking for more chicken wing recipes?
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wing
- Spicy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
These are so incredibly flavorful and delicious, hard to stop at just one. They’re an easy dinner, served with my Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad as a side. I guarantee these are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 3 lb bag chicken wings (thawed)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more if you like it spicier
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Green onions and sesame seed for garnish
- In a small bowl whisk the soy sauce, vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes until sugar is dissolved.
- Place chicken wings in a large ziplock freezer bag, pour in 1/3 of the marinade mixture. Seal and mix the wings around in the marinade. Place in refrigerator for 4 hours or preferably overnight for best flavor.
- Place the rest of the marinade in a small saucepan and whisk in cornstarch until blended. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place a metal wire cooling rack on a rimmed foil lined baking sheet. Place all the wings on the wire rack
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Turn the oven to broil, brush some of the teriyaki sauce over the wings and broil 3-5 minutes. Flip the wings and repeat.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Serves 4-6
- **note I usually buy the 3 lb bag of chicken, the wings tend to be a little larger
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 921Total Fat 58gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 33gCholesterol 186mgSodium 3237mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 2gSugar 30gProtein 43g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.