These Parmesan Chicken Wings are perfect as the star of the meal or served as an appetizer. Either way, they're always a crowd-pleaser!
I'm so excited to be sharing these super yummy Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings with you today. These wings are baked not fried, but you can't even tell the difference. They turn out super crispy without frying them. Great as an appetizer on game day or entertaining, or serve as a main dish with a big salad.
Wing night is a fun and easy dinner that the whole family will love. I guarantee these are finger-licking good! Your family will go crazy for these gems.
Why steam the chicken wings first?
I follow Alton Browns method of steaming the wings first assures that they stay moist. Crispy skin requires high heat. Steaming the wings first renders the fat out of the skin, which ensures that they get crispy when baked. I recommend you double the batch because these will go super fast.
Looking for more chicken wing recipes?
- Spicy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings
- Oven Baked Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken Wings
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2-3 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Place an 8-quart saucepan with a steamer basket with 2 inches of water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Add wings and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove wings and place them on a cooling rack placed on a baking sheet. Put them in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes then flip and bake for another 20 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- In a small saucepan add olive oil, butter, and salt, let it melt then add garlic and cook on low for 3 minutes.
- Remove wings from oven and place in a bowl.
- Pour melted garlic butter, parmesan cheese and parsley over wings. Toss until coated, place on a serving platter. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired.