Baked buffalo chicken wings are crispy and flavorful without being fried, and always the star of the party!
While most chicken wings served in a restaurant are fried. These are baked and just as delicious as my Ranch Baked Chicken Wings! Super easy to make at home and always a hit! Have an air fryer? My Old Bay Air Fryer Chicken Wings are always a huge hit!
Are you a wingette or drumette lover? I prefer the wingette, but of course, I would never say no to the drumette ha!
How to make Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire cooling rack on top. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the chicken wings, salt and pepper, and 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce. Mix until combined.
- In a large bowl add cornstarch, cayenne, and garlic powder and mix until combined.
- Pour the flour mixture over the wings, toss until coated, and place back on the rack. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl add the rest of the buffalo sauce and melted butter and whisk until combined
- Dip each wing into the sauce and place it back on the rack. And repeat
- Bake for 1 hour or until desired crispiness.
Buffalo chicken wings in a sauce or marinade?
Most buffalo wings are deep fried and tossed in buffalo sauce. I am not a huge fan of the wet wing. So I prefer to dip the wings in the sauce and then bake them. Then I drizzle some extra sauce over the top, just for a little extra kick.
Crispy wings baked with buffalo sauce on them. Perfect for game day food, party appetizers, or like my family just a craving period. We love all types of wings.
Make these hot crispy oven-baked buffalo wings for your next party appetizer. Don't forget a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Looking for more chicken wing recipes?
- Oven Baked Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Spicy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter 1 stick
- Line baking sheet with foil. set a wire cooling rack on top and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add chicken wings, buffalo sauce salt and pepper
- In a large bowl add the cornstarch, cayenne, garlic powder, and mix well. Pour the mixture over the chicken and toss until coated.
- Place chicken wings on rack and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small bowl add the buffalo sauce and melted butter
- Dip the wings into the buffalo mixture and place back on the rack.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing