Baked buffalo chicken wings are crispy and flavorful without being fried, and always the star of the party!
While most chicken wings served in a restaurant are fried. These are baked and just as delicious! Super easy to make at home and always a hit!
Are you a wingette or drumette lover? I prefer the wingette, but of course I would never say no to the drumette ha!
How to make Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire cooling rack on top. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add the chicken wings, salt and pepper and 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce. Mix until combined.
- In a large bowl add cornstarch, cayenne and garlic powder and mix until combined.
- Pour the flour mixture over the wings, toss until coated and place back on the rack. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl add the rest of the buffalo sauce and melted butter and whisk until combined
- Dip each wing into the sauce and place back on the rack. And repeat
- Bake for 1 hour or until desired crispiness.
Buffalo chicken wings in a sauce or marinade?
Most buffalo wings are deep fried and tossed in buffalo sauce. I am not a huge fan of the wet wing. So I prefer to dip the wings in the sauce and then bake them. Then I drizzle some extra sauce over the top, just for a little extra kick.
Crispy wings baked with the buffalo sauce on them. Perfect for game day food, party appetizers or like my family just a craving period. We love all types of wings.
Make these hot crispy oven baked buffalo wings for your next party appetizer. Don’t forget a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Looking for more chicken wing recipes?
- Oven Baked Spicy Teriyaki Chicken Wings
- Spicy Ranch Baked Chicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
- Line baking sheet with foil. set a wire cooling rack on top and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add chicken wings, buffalo sauce salt and pepper
- In a large bowl add the cornstarch, cayenne, garlic powder, and mix well. Pour the mixture over the chicken and toss until coated.
- Place chicken wings on rack and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small bowl add the buffalo sauce and melted butter
- Dip the wings into the buffalo mixture and place back on the rack.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing
You can substitute flour for the cornstarch if needed.
You can drizzle some extra buffalo sauce over the top if desired.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 985 Total Fat 78g Saturated Fat 34g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 38g Cholesterol 247mg Sodium 1793mg Carbohydrates 31g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 39g