These Patriotic Red Velvet Cake Balls will give a spark to your taste buds!
Red Velvet Cake Balls with cream cheese frosting covered in white chocolate, are a perfect one bite indulgence anytime of year. Super addicting and downright sinful! These bite sized little gems are perfect for Fourth of July gatherings. A guaranteed hit!
These cake balls are pretty easy to make, the perfect recipe for the kids to help with. If you’re hosting a barbecue or even just chilling with the family. You should check out my Spicy Teriyaki Grilled Steak Kebabs and my Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad both are fantastic and always a huge hit!
Rolling the cake balls into 1 1/2 sizes will give you around 50 balls. You can make them smaller or larger if needed.
After they are all dipped in chocolate you can put the sheet in the refrigerator to set up faster.
These cake balls are so versatile. You can make them simple or make them fancy. Add a stick and they become cake pops. Whatever you choose, they will be a big hit!
I like using Wilton Candy Melts, they are already colored which makes it super easy.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (plus the ingredients on the box)
- 16 oz white chocolate or melting wafers
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- skewers or toothpicks
- Bake cake according to directions on box. Let cool completely.
- With a stand mixer or electric mixer, mix together cream cheese and butter until combined. Add in powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until combined. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add your cake in pieces to the stand mixer and mix until crumbly. Add in the frosting mix until combined
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a baking sheet. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to chill.
- In a small bowl add about a cup of chips or melting wafers and heat in the microwave for 1 minute and stir, then heat in 30 second intervals and stir until completely melted.
- Remove 1/2 of the cake balls from freeze, keeping the other half nice and cold until ready to roll. Place a cake ball in the melted chocolate roll around. Using a skewer or toothpick immediately remove the cake ball and place onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle with colorful sprinkles. Makes approximately 50 cake balls
- *You can use store bought frosting you will only need about 1/2 the container
- * Wiltons Candy Melts makes red and blue melts for added color. You can get them on Amazon
Amount Per Serving Calories 108Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 12mgSodium 42mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.