These crunchy Cajun Shrimp Avocado Tostadas are ready in a flash! A perfect family friendly meal!
These Cajun Shrimp Avocado Tostadas come together in literally 30 minutes. Great for entertaining or for a super quick-to-fix weeknight meal like my Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta.
Frying your own tortillas is really easy but if you're in a hurry they do make premade tostada shells that will work just fine. Give these tostadas a try on your next taco Tuesday. Your family is sure to love them as much as mine.
But if you love shrimp as much as we do you have to check out my Spicy Cajun Shrimp Fajitas which is another super quick meal that my family adores.
Some items I used to make these Shrimp Avocado Tostadas
I love Mexican food, I could pretty much eat it every day! Tostadas are just like a taco but flat, these babies are one of my favorite dinners like my Tilapia tacos. Crispy fried tortilla with creamy guacamole, spicy shrimp, and all the toppings. Every bite is pure heaven...YES, please
Cajun Shrimp Avocado Tostadas
- 1 lb med/large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- Corn tortillas
- Cotija cheese
- sour cream
- In a large bowl add shrimp, Cajun seasoning and the juice of 1 lime and toss and set aside.
- Halve and pit the avocados scoop out the flesh and mash into a bowl. Add in salt, juice of half a lime and cilantro mix well.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat add about ¼ to ½ inch of oil in skillet (should be hot enough to bubble and sizzle when tortillas are added) Add tortillas and cook 1-2 minutes on each side until crispy. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- In the same skillet remove all remaining oil except 1 tablespoon. Add shrimp and cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until opaque and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the tostadas. Top with shrimp, tomatoes, sour cream, cotija cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges