These crunchy Cajun Shrimp Avocado Tostadas are ready in a flash! A perfect family friendly meal!
These Cajun Shrimp Avocado Tostadas come together in literally 30 minutes. Great for entertaining or for a super quick-to-fix weeknight meal.
Frying your own tortillas is really easy but if your in a hurry they do make premade tostada shells that will work just fine. Give these tostadas a try on your next taco Tuesday. Your family is sure to love them as much as mine. We are big shrimp lovers in my house...well all except my hubby although he loves it he is allergic to it. Bummer eh? But if you love shrimp as much as we do you have to check out my Spicy Cajun Shrimp Fajitas which is another super quick meal that my family adores.
Some items I used to make these Shrimp Avocado Tostadas
I love Mexican food, I could pretty much eat it everyday! Tostadas are just like a taco but flat, these babies are one of my favorite dinners. Crispy fried tortilla with creamy guacamole, spicy shrimp and all the toppings. Every bite is pure heaven...YES please
- 1 lb med/large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- Corn tortillas
- Cotija cheese
- sour cream
- In a large bowl add shrimp, Cajun seasoning and the juice of 1 lime and toss and set aside.
- Halve and pit the avocados scoop out the flesh and mash into a bowl. Add in salt, juice of half a lime and cilantro mix well.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat add about ¼ to ½ inch of oil in skillet (should be hot enough to bubble and sizzle when tortillas are added) Add tortillas and cook 1-2 minutes on each side until crispy. Remove to a paper towel to drain.
- In the same skillet remove all remaining oil except 1 tablespoon. Add shrimp and cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until opaque and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the tostadas. Top with shrimp, tomatoes, sour cream, cotija cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges
**To grill the shrimp just put shrimp on skewers (soak wooden ones for 30 minutes first) place on a medium high grill and cook 2-4 minutes on each side.
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 294Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 6mgSodium 1456mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 13gSugar 4gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.