These Sloppy Joe Stuffed Rolls are a family favorite and kid-approved recipe!
Sloppy Joe Stuffed Rolls always give me such a fond childhood memory. Just knowing we were having sloppy Joes for dinner got us all excited. These rolls are crispy on the outside and are full of sloppy joe love on the inside.
If your grocery store doesn't carry unsliced sandwich rolls, you could just use large dinner rolls and hollow those out and place them on a baking sheet, and bake as directed.
This is a great make-ahead meal to freeze, then just pop them into the oven and add a salad or fries, and your pretty much good to go. Give this twist on the classic sloppy Joe a try, maybe for game day. Make a bunch though they will be devoured quickly!
Using just a few pantry ingredients you can make delicious homemade sloppy joes without the can.
Need more quick and easy family-friendly recipes?
- Mexican Pizza
- Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
- Easy Oven BBQ Baked Ribs
- Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp and Broccoli
- Paprika Chicken and Rice Bake
- 1 1/2 lbs pound ground beef (or turkey)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese optional
- 6-8 Rolls unsliced
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, stir together tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper, until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, onions, and peppers and cook until no longer pink, breaking apart, and stirring as the meat cooks. Drain fat, then return to the heat add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Pour sauce over browned meat, stir, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, cut your rolls in half and with a knife hollow out the inside. Once the rolls are hollow, then gently pack the saucy mixture into the rolls.
- Bake the rolls on a baking sheet for 15 minutes or until just lightly crispy on the outside.
- **Optional For a cheesy surprise at the bottom put about 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese into the bottom of the roll then spoon the meat mixture in.
Depending on the size of your rolls will depend on exactly how many you get. I buy rolls that are 8 inches.
You can also just use regular hamburger buns if desired.
Serving Size2 rolls
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 64mgSodium 463mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 21g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.