Paprika chicken and rice bake only uses a few simple ingredients. A delicious one-pot meal the whole family will love.
One of my family's favorite meals. Tender juicy chicken, packed with great flavors from onion, garlic, and smoky paprika. Not only is it delicious but a perfect no-fuss weeknight meal.
What is Paprika?
A deep orange-red powdered spice with a mild flavor. Ground from different varieties of peppers. Paprika adds vibrant color and great flavor to any dish. There are a few different types, sweet paprika, hot paprika, and my favorite smoked paprika which is what I used for this recipe.
How to make Paprika Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Remove skin from chicken thighs
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and paprika on thighs
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet on medium-high heat
- Add chicken thighs and cook 5-6 minutes then flip and cook another 5-6 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Add onions, garlic rice, and broth. Bring to a boil
- Add chicken back into skillet, cover, and bake 30 minutes
What I used to make this recipe
Looking for a chicken dish with lots of flavors and minimal effort, this one is for you.
Still Hungry? Check out these easy recipes!
- Skillet Chicken with Lemon Garlic Cream sauce
- Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
- Skillet Burger with Caramelized Onions
- Beef Stroganoff
- Easy Oven Baked Ribs
- Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- 5-6 large bone in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Jasmine rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Remove skin from chicken thighs and pat dry. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet on medium-high. Add olive oil and place chicken thighs in the hot oil. Cook 3-4 minutes then flip and cook another 3-4 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the chicken fat. Add onions and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Pour in the rice and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add chicken back in.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Boneless chicken thighs- Thighs without the bone will cook much faster, I recommend skipping the searing part.
Serving Size6 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 372Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 168mgSodium 939mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 33g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.