This Mexican Pizza is a delicious way to combine two of my favorite foods!
This is a homemade version of the famous Taco Bell Mexican pizza. Well, it has always been my favorite on the menu. Pretty brilliant combining two of my favorite foods pizza and tacos.
This Mexican pizza can be whipped up for a quick weeknight dinner. I use my cast iron skillet to fry the tortillas, and then bake them on this sheet pan. Flour tortillas layered with beans and taco meat then topped with sauce, cheese, and all your favorite toppings. Put a dollop of sour cream or salsa. Mmmm Perfection!!
How to make a Mexican Pizza
- Start by making frying up the ground beef according to the taco seasoning pkg.
- Add oil to a hot skillet and fry the flour tortillas and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Next, lay one crispy tortilla on a baking sheet followed by an even spread of refried beans.
- Now add a spoonful of taco meat, followed by another tortilla.
- Next add your taco sauce, cheese, tomatoes, and olives.
- Bake until cheese is melted, and sprinkle fresh chopped green onions on top.
My family loves this Mexican Pizza, always a nice change instead of the typical taco night. This recipe is super easy and uses fresh ingredients that most likely you have on hand. If you're craving real pizza you've got to try my Cast Iron Pizza.
If you love this Mexican Pizza then check out these recipes!
- Crispy Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
- Chipotle Lime Flank Steak Street Tacos
- Tequila Lime Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Slow Cooker Beef Short Rib Tacos
- Spicy Beef Crunchwrap Supreme
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, AND PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Mexican pizza is fun twist for taco night. Easy week night dinner packed with tex-mex flavors.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 (8 oz) jars taco sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 large diced tomatoes
- 1 can sliced olives
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet heat the oil up on medium heat.
- Fry each tortilla in the oil just until lightly browned and crispy, remove and set aside on paper towels
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning, water and simmer then add 1/2 cup taco sauce. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small pan on medium heat warm the refried beans
- Place a single layer of the beans on the crispy tortillas, followed by a layer of the taco meat, Top with another tortilla. Spread 3-4 tablespoons of taco sauce, sprinkle some cheddar and jack cheese and top with a few tomatoes and olives.
- Bakes in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Remove from oven let set for 5 minutes top with green onions and slice
You can substitute the taco sauce for enchilada sauce if desired
Serving Size4 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 1019Total Fat 77gSaturated Fat 27gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 44gCholesterol 184mgSodium 1526mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 56g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Looks really yummy! Thank you for this recipe. Will surely try it soon! 🙂
I've never tried doing that Sherri.
Can you fry the tortillas a day ahead?
It goes in after the taco seasoning.
What is the 1/4 cup of water for?
Woohoo Kari! I'm so glad you loved them, and thank you for taking the time to come back here to let me know 🙂
Kari Joy Garman
The best ever!!