Beef and bean taco cups are a great twist on the typical taco, they make a perfect appetizer, snack or dinner!
These beef and bean taco cups have flour tortillas refried beans, taco meat, and cheese. Pile your favorite topping on top. These taco cups are a huge hit in my family, we love making a taco bar and piling on your favorite toppings.
They have so many layers of deliciousness! A great idea is to have a taco bar to offer toppings everyone will love.
Tips for making taco cups.
- Spray the muffins tins with nonstick cooking spray, to prevent and sticking.
- Use ground chicken or turkey instead of beef if desired.
- Use whatever your favorite jarred salsa is.
- You can make tortilla chips out of the extra flour tortillas.
- Sliced olives
- Sour cream
Can I freeze taco cups?
Yes, these freeze beautifully! Place the taco cups on a baking sheet and place them in the freezer for flash freeze for a couple hours. Once frozen put them in a large ziplock freezer bag.
To reheat: wrap a paper towel around the taco cup and microwave for about 1 minute.
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes, I have made these the day before and then just pop them in the oven to make.
Other Mexican recipes you might like!
- Chili Con Queso
- Mexican Pizza
- Cajun Shrimp Fajitas
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Taquitos
- Chipotle Lime Tacos
- 6-(10 inch) flour tortillas cut into four squares
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- jalapenos optional
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut the side off of the tortillas to form a square. Cut the square into four small squares. You will have 16 small squares total.
- In a skillet on medium heat add the ground beef and onions and cook until done. Drain fat and add taco seasoning and salsa, mix until combined.
- In a muffin tin, place one tortilla in each cup, add a tablespoon of beans and a pinch of cheese press gently. Add another tortilla square and 2 tablespoons of taco meat and a pinch of cheese.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the tortilla edges start to brown and get crispy.
- Top with your favorite toppings...Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 585Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 105mgSodium 1080mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 37g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.