I absolutely love love love Mexican food and tacos are at the top of the list. These beef and bean taco cups are a huge hit in my family, although we are crazy for any Mexican food these are definitely a favorite. I made them three times last week alone. These cute little taco cups are a great twist on the typical taco, totally perfect for game day or parties.
Once they are out of the oven, pop them out of the muffin pan and everyone gets to put their own toppings on. They are delicious with a side of my cilantro lime garlic rice. You will probably want to make a bunch because they will get gobbled up quickly.
Cut the edges of the tortilla off to make a large square.
Cut the tortillas into four even squares.
Place one tortilla in each cup, and one tablespoon of the beans, followed by a pinch of cheese, and gently pack.
Now scoop a couple tablespoons of the meat mixture into the tortillas, followed by a pinch of cheese and gently press. Then pop these babies into the oven, and wait for the yumminess!
- 6 10 inch flour tortillas cut into four squares
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- ½ cup onion diced
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- jalapenos optional
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut the side off of the tortillas to form a square. Cut the square into four small squares. You will have 16 small squares total.
- In a skillet on medium heat add the ground beef and onions and cook until done. Drain fat and add taco seasoning and salsa, mix until combined.
- In a muffin tin, place one tortilla in each cup, add a tablespoon of beans and a pinch of cheese press gently. Add the another tortilla square and 2 tablespoons taco meat and a pinch of cheese.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until tortilla edges start to brown and get crispy.
- Top with your favorite toppings...Enjoy!