Jalapeno poppers are a favorite game-day appetizer. Loaded with creamy cheese, crispy smoky bacon, and topped with crispy butter panko bread crumbs.
You're going to love these jalapeno poppers, the flavors are classic and the panko breadcrumbs give them the perfect amount of crunch. They are always a huge hit at game day parties like my Bacon Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups.
Can these be made ahead of time?
Yes, You can assemble these jalapeno poppers and place them covered in the refrigerator. Right before baking add the buttered bread crumbs on top
How hot are jalapenos?
Jalapeno pepper is labeled as a medium-hot pepper. There are a few things to look at when choosing jalapeno peppers.
- The brown scars on a jalapeno, indicate that it will be on the hotter side.
- Generally the larger the pepper the milder it will be.
Tips for making Jalapeno Poppers.
- Wear gloves when cutting jalapenos, to prevent the oils from the pepper from getting on your skin.
- I try and grab jalapenos that are about 3-4 inches long. But they come in all different sizes so you may get more or less than the recipe states.
- Don’t use pre-shredded cheese. Prepackaged cheese is coated with cellulose to prevent the cheese from sticking. But it makes it not melt as well.
- You can use whatever kind of cheese you like really, I use a combination of pepper jack and cheddar.
- If you prefer a milder pepper, you can use mini sweet peppers instead.
- If you want to make them spicier, leave the seeds in or add some seeds to the cream cheese filling.
- Don't overbake the poppers or else the cheese will just start to run out.
More appetizers you'll love!
- Pigs in a blanket with Honey Mustard
- Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Pretzel Bites with Beer Cheese Sauce
- Chili Con Queso
- Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings
- Bacon Jalapeno Cheese Ball
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
Jalapeno poppers are a favorite game day appetizer. Loaded with creamy cheese, crispy smoky bacon and topped with crispy butter panko bread crumbs.
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 8-10 jalapeno peppers (about 3-4” long)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese, (I used pepper jack and cheddar)
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Ranch dressing for serving
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat and add the bacon pieces. Cook until brown and crispy. Remove to a paper towel and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Slice jalapenos (you might want to wear gloves) in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon scoop out the seeds and membranes. And place on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl add the cream cheese, garlic powder, cheese, cooked bacon, and green onions and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the melted butter and panko bread crumbs and mix until combined.
- Fill the jalapenos with the cream cheese mixture and top with the panko bread crumbs.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size2 jalapeno halves
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 40mgSodium 289mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 6g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Leave a Reply