This strawberry rhubarb pecan crisp has the perfect crispy topping, piled over sweet tangy fruit. Always a huge crowd pleaser!
Nothing says Summer like Strawberry Rhubarb Pecan Crisp. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and tartness. Everybody who tries it just absolutely raves about it.
I am not a huge fan of pie, never have been, well except my Old-Fashioned Banana Cream Pie. Crisps are just easy and pretty much foolproof! Strawberry and rhubarb go together so perfectly! There is just Something about that sweet crunchy pecan crumble over that bubbly strawberry rhubarb mixture that I can’t resist.
Confession…I never knew rhubarb was a vegetable! I mean it looks like pink celery but taste like a tart fruit. So I just naturally assumed it was a fruit. Plus who puts a vegetable into a dessert crisp. Ha!
This crisp really is super easy to make with very little work. Last summer I took this to a barbecue we were invited to and just tossed it in the oven to warm it up for about 15 minutes and we had a delicious warm dessert. Topped it off with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and everybody raved about it.
This 9×11 baking dish works perfectly for this strawberry crisp.
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 4 stalks rhubarb sliced
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter plus 1 tablespoon melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl add strawberries, rhubarb, cornstarch and granulated sugar and gently mix together. Place in a 9x11 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add in melted butter, using a fork mix the butter in until it becomes a wet crumble mixture. Spread crumble over strawberries and gently pat.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until the top is crisp and lightly browned and the fruit is bubbling, let cool 10 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Serves 6