Homemade strawberry jam recipe uses fresh or frozen strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and is a delicious summertime spread. This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Nothing beats homemade strawberry jam. So easy and requires just a few simple ingredients. Perfect for toast, my buttermilk biscuits, or English muffins.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or run them under warm water. Frozen fruit tends to have more water so just add a little more cooking time.
Why add lemon juice?
Lemon juice adds a bit of freshness to your strawberry jam and also helps prohibit bacteria growth and allows your jam to last longer.
Can I freeze strawberry jam?
This strawberry jam can be frozen in a freezer-safe container for up to 1 year. Thaw in the refrigerator until ready.
- Cut your strawberries into pieces that are roughly the same size.
- I just cut the stem end off but if you want to tally hull your strawberries you can.
- Use strawberries during peak season for the sweetest jam.
- It can take 24 hours for your jam to set up, so if it's on the thinner side more time in the refrigerator will allow it to thicken more.
More delicious strawberry recipes
- Strawberry Turnovers
- Strawberry Crumble Bars
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pecan Crisp
- Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slush
- 4 ¼ cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat a large saucepan on medium-high heat and add the chopped strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice and stir until combined. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t burn.
- Using a potato masher mash the strawberries until your desired consistency. Let simmer another 10 minutes or until the jam reduces and thickens slightly (it will thicken more as it cools)
- Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Transfer to jars or airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Or freeze up to 4 months.
Amount Per Serving Calories 42Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 10gProtein 0g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.