These strawberry turnovers are filled with sweet strawberries in a buttery, flaky puff pastry.
With berry season in full bloom around here I thought strawberries would be amazing in these turnovers, and the perfect Summer indulgence!
It doesn’t get much easier than this one. Using just s few ingredients and grabbing the puff pastry from the grocery store. You’ll be making this one over and over this summer.
Tips for making strawberry turnovers
- You can adjust the sugar according to how sweet or tart your strawberries are
- Two sheets of pastry crust come in a box puff pastry, so this recipe can easily be doubled to 8 turnovers if desired.
- You can add a drop of red food coloring to the strawberries to keep the dark red color. The cornstarch will reduce the color a bit.
- Use a potato masher or fork to break up the strawberries.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the crease in the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle a pinch of flour on the cutting board to make sure puff pastry doesn’t stick
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the baking sheet for easy clean up.
- Wet the edges with a little water on your finger, before sealing with a fork.
Items/Ingredients I used to make this recipe:
If you don’t want a glaze on top, you could sprinkle granulated sugar on top before baking. Or give them a dusting of powdered sugar just before serving.
Looking for more delicious desserts?
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
- Deep Dish Skillet Brookie
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Homemade Spiced Rum Cake
- No-Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
- Heart Shaped Cherry Hand Pies
- Banana Cream Pie
- Apple Pie Turnovers
- 1 3/4 cups strawberries washed and diced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- sprinkle of flour
- 1 egg white
For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- In a saucepan on medium low heat add the strawberries, water, sugar and cornstarch and mix. Cooke 3-4 minutes and using a potato masher or fork smash the strawberries a bit.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sprinkle some flour on a cutting board and lay out the puff pastry. Using a rolling pin or cup roll out the creases in the puff pastry. Cut the puff pastry into four large squares.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the strawberry filling into the middle of the squares.
- Fold the corner over to form a triangle. Using a fork crimp the edges to seal.
Transfer the turnovers to a baking sheet and brush the top with the egg whites. Using a small knife make to small slit in the top.
- Bake 15 minutes
For the Glaze
In a small bowl add the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Mix and add the rest of the milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Let turnovers cool 5 minutes then using s spoon drizzle over the top.