These strawberry turnovers are filled with sweet strawberries in a buttery, flaky puff pastry.
With berry season in full bloom around here I thought strawberries would be amazing in these turnovers, and the perfect Summer indulgence!
It doesn’t get much easier than this one. Using just s few ingredients and grabbing the puff pastry from the grocery store. You’ll be making this one over and over this summer.
Tips for making strawberry turnovers
- You can adjust the sugar according to how sweet or tart your strawberries are
- Two sheets of pastry crust come in a box puff pastry, so this recipe can easily be doubled to 8 turnovers if desired.
- You can add a drop of red food coloring to the strawberries to keep the dark red color. The cornstarch will reduce the color a bit.
- Use a potato masher or fork to break up the strawberries.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the crease in the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle a pinch of flour on the cutting board to make sure puff pastry doesn’t stick
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the baking sheet for easy clean up.
- Wet the edges with a little water on your finger, before sealing with a fork.
Items/Ingredients I used to make this recipe:
If you don’t want a glaze on top, you could sprinkle granulated sugar on top before baking. Or give them a dusting of powdered sugar just before serving.
Looking for more delicious desserts?
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
- Deep Dish Skillet Brookie
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Homemade Spiced Rum Cake
- No-Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
- Heart Shaped Cherry Hand Pies
- Banana Cream Pie
- Apple Pie Turnovers
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
For the Glaze
For the Glaze