These strawberry turnovers are filled with sweet strawberries in a buttery, flaky puff pastry.
With berry season in full bloom around here I thought strawberries would be amazing in these turnovers, and the perfect Summer indulgence!
It doesn't get much easier than this one. Using just s few ingredients and grabbing the puff pastry from the grocery store. You'll be making this one over and over this summer.
Tips for making strawberry turnovers
- You can adjust the sugar according to how sweet or tart your strawberries are
- Two sheets of pastry crust come in a box of puff pastry, so this recipe can easily be doubled to 8 turnovers if desired.
- You can add a drop of red food coloring to the strawberries to keep the dark red color. The cornstarch will reduce the color a bit.
- Use a potato masher or fork to break up the strawberries.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the crease in the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle a pinch of flour on the cutting board to make sure puff pastry doesn't stick
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the baking sheet for easy clean-up.
- Wet the edges with a little water on your finger, before sealing with a fork.
Items/Ingredients I used to make this recipe:
If you don't want a glaze on top, you could sprinkle granulated sugar on top before baking. Or give them a dusting of powdered sugar just before serving.
Looking for more delicious desserts?
- Chocolate Bundt Cake with Ganache Glaze
- Deep Dish Skillet Brookie
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Homemade Spiced Rum Cake
- No-Bake Mini Chocolate Tarts
- Heart Shaped Cherry Hand Pies
- Banana Cream Pie
- Apple Pie Turnovers
MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST FOR ALL MY LATEST RECIPES.
- 1 3/4 cups strawberries washed and diced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- sprinkle of flour
- 1 egg white
For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- In a saucepan on medium low heat add the strawberries, water, sugar and cornstarch and mix. Cooke 3-4 minutes and using a potato masher or fork smash the strawberries a bit.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Sprinkle some flour on a cutting board and lay out the puff pastry. Using a rolling pin or cup roll out the creases in the puff pastry. Cut the puff pastry into four large squares.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the strawberry filling into the middle of the squares.
- Fold the corner over to form a triangle. Using a fork crimp the edges to seal.
- Transfer the turnovers to a baking sheet and brush the top with the egg whites. Using a small knife make to small slit in the top.
- Bake 15 minutes
For the Glaze
- In a small bowl add the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Mix and add the rest of the milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Let turnovers cool 5 minutes then using s spoon drizzle over the top.
You can use frozen strawberries if desired.
Serving Size1 turnover
Amount Per Serving Calories 298Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 1mgSodium 38mgCarbohydrates 62gFiber 2gSugar 30gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.