Fluffy Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls are the best way to start the day! These sweet rolls topped with a homemade sweet glaze are the perfect morning sweet treat. Learn how to make warm cinnamon rolls the easy way!
We may earn a small commission for purchases made through links in this post. Read our disclosure policy here.
Delicious cinnamon rolls are a great option for breakfast. And the best part about this recipe? You get to make these mini cinnamon rolls using simple ingredients, like premade refrigerator dough! After just one bite, you're going to see why this is one of my favorite recipes!
Why this recipe works
When you don't have time available to make cinnamon roll dough from scratch, this is a quick and easy shortcut. You'll still have the fluffy dough, with minimal work and everyone will think that you made these homemade cinnamon rolls from scratch! Warm rolls straight from the air fryer really are the best.
- Light brown sugar - Make sure to pack it tightly into the measuring cup before adding to the recipe.
- Refrigerated pizza dough - Both thin and regular pizza crust will work.
- Butter - Either salted or unsalted will work.
How to make this recipe
Step 1 - In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon with a fork, set aside.
Step 2 - Unroll dough and spread it out onto a lightly floured surface. And brush the melted butter evenly on top of the dough.
Step 3 - Evenly sprinkle the sugar mixture over the dough.
Step 4 - Roll the dough tightly.
Step 5 - Pinch the seam together to prevent the rolls from coming apart.
Step 6 - Cut into 1-inch slices.
Step 7-Line a basket with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray. Place the rolls into the basket.
Step 8-Air fry
Step 9-Add all the icing ingredients into a medium bowl.
Step 10- Whisk until combined. If it's too thin add another tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until the desired consistency. Drizzle icing over warm rolls.
Spray the air fryer basket with a nonstick cooking spray. Or use a parchment paper liner for easy clean-up.
Use cream cheese frosting instead - If you don't want to make your own, you can buy any flavor of frosting at the store and use it.
Pay attention to the cooking time. Once the smaller cinnamon rolls start to turn golden brown, that's your cue that they're close to done.
There are two kinds of air fryers One looks like a toaster oven that has a tray that slides out. The other has a basket type, which is what I prefer. I have the Cosori 5.8 qt and I absolutely love it!
Cream together 2 tablespoons softened butter, 4 ounces room temperature cream cheese, and ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract. Incorporate ½ cup powdered sugar until smooth. If frosting is too thin, add a tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time until desired consistency is reached. If it becomes too thick, add a teaspoon of milk at a time until desired consistency is reached.
This easy recipe reheats so well! Just add individual rolls to the microwave and warm them up for a few seconds of time. The hot air will also soften them, too.
Store the leftovers at room temperature. You can have them covered in an airtight container for 1 day this way. Eating them as soon as possible will give the best flavor and freshness.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 13.8 ounce package refrigerated pizza dough or French bread dough (Pillsbury)
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon with a fork and set aside.
- Unroll dough and stretch it out onto a cutting board.
- Brush with the melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top. Roll tightly and pinch the seam closed. Slice into 12- 1 inch rounds.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Line the air fryer with a parchment paper liner or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place 4-5 rolls in the air fryer basket and fry for 6-7 minutes.
For the Icing- (See notes for cream cheese icing)
- 1. In a small mixing bowl add the powdered sugar milk and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- 2. Drizzle icing over the top of warm cinnamon rolls.