Air fryer donuts are fried to golden perfection and coated in a luscious chocolate glaze, these chocolate-glazed air fryer donuts taste even better than they look! This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
These air fryer donuts are made with yeast dough and they taste like the real deep-fried donuts without all the calories and fuss.
What is an air fryer?
An air fryer (I use a Cosori)is a kitchen appliance that cooks food by circulating the hot air all around. It's also fantastic for reheating food. Seriously you won't regret getting one. My Old Bay Chicken Wings and Apple Hand Pies are so good!
- Butter is an important ingredient in the recipe, make sure you use real butter.
- If you've never worked with yeast before this is a great recipe to start, it's a very forgiving recipe.
- I use this biscuit cutter but you can also use a wide mouth glass.
- Don't overcrowd your basket. Depending on the size you should be able to get 3-4 donuts at a time.
Do I need to flip the donuts halfway through?
Not this time! Because air fryers do such a great job of circulating hot air, as long as you sprayed both your air fryer basket and the tops of your donuts with oil, your donuts should come out golden brown on both sides—no flipping required!
Can I fry this donut dough on the stovetop instead of in an air fryer?
Of course! Simply fill a heavy-bottomed pot with a couple of inches of frying oil and heat until it reaches about 360°F. Gently place a few of your donuts into the oil and let fry for about one minute per side. Once golden, remove from the oil and let cool on a drying rack before glazing.
More breakfast recipes
- Banana Fritters
- Baked Glazed Donuts
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- French Toast Muffins
- Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Apple Cider Donuts
- 1 cup warm milk
- • 2 ½ teaspoon active dry yeast
- • ¼ cup + 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- • 1 egg
- • ¼ cup butter, melted
- • 3 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn syrup
- water for thinning if needed
- Combine the milk, yeast, and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Let sit, covered until foamy (about five minutes).
- In a large bowl, stir together the remaining sugar and flour. Add to it your milk mixture, egg, butter, and vanilla and stir until well combined and no dry flour remains.
- Dump your dough onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, until dough is no longer sticky.
- Allow your dough to rise for 30 minutes
- Roll out the dough into a ½ inch thick sheet and cut out 4-inch circles
- Use a knife to cut a smaller circle out of the center of each donut.
- Allow your cut donuts to rise for another 30 minutes. While they rise, preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350°F.
- While the donuts cook, prepare the glaze by melting butter, corn syrup, and chocolate chips in the microwave in 15-second intervals.
- Stir your glaze until smooth, adding water 1 teaspoon at a time if it needs to be thinner.
- Dip your donuts into the glaze after they finish cooking. Top with sprinkles and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 238Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 30mgSodium 59mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 2gSugar 9gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.