Apple cinnamon muffins are loaded with fresh apples and lots of cinnamon spice flavors! These light, moist, muffins are topped with a cinnamon streusel! This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
I love baking muffins, I always try and make extra for the freezer because they freeze so well. These muffins are popular with both kids and adults for breakfast and snacks.
Let's take a quick look at the ingredients
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- Dice and shred your apples
- Mix up the wet ingredients and fold in the fresh apples.
- Add in the flour mixture.
- Scoop the muffin mixture into muffin cups.
- Mix the dry topping ingredients into a small bowl.
- Add in the melted butter.
- Mix until combined.
- Evenly divide the topping on top of the unbaked muffins.
Can I make mini muffins?
Yes, you can, make mini muffins! Follow the same instructions, fill your mini muffin tins, and just reduce the baking times. It will take about 10 to 12 minutes, but check them early.
How to store these muffins
Muffins can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days for the best freshness. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To freeze, wrap each muffin individually in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer bag or freezer-safe container.
Can I freeze these muffins?
Absolutely! Once the apple cinnamon muffins are cooled wrap each one in plastic wrap and place it in a large ziplock freezer bag.
More apple recipes
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- Apple Cake
- Apple Walnut Fritter Bread
- Apple Pie Turnovers
- Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
- 3 cups apples, (about 2 large apples, peeled, 1 shredded, 1 chopped into cubes)
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Generously grease a 12-well muffin pan both inside and on top. In large mixing bowl, combine white flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In separate mixing bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
- Stir in apples and gradually add in flour mixture. Set aside.
- Prepare streusel topping by combining brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and oats in small bowl until no clumps remain.. Melt butter in microwave (15-30 seconds). Slowly stream butter into mixture, mixing with a fork.
- Fill muffin wells with batter to just below the top, then crumble about 1 teaspoon of streusel on top. Bake 13-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean after inserting into middle of muffin.
- Cool in pan about 5 minutes before removing. Continue cooling on wire rack.
Amount Per Serving Calories 267Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 54mgSodium 206mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 2gSugar 24gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.